Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool FC 01/11/08

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Well I'm absolutely chuffed with the result. Didn't see the game, only the highlights and it looked like we were fairly hammered for most of the game, but still managed to sneak a win. I would have been happy with a draw but to get the last gasp goal was superb. 7 points from 3 games when I would have predicted no more than 1 while under Ramos, fantastic stuff. Harry's bandwagon rolls on :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Oh yeah, I never said he didn't deserve it, I said for some reason, which you have provided. 4 outta 4 O'Neill deserved it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Seems Jamie didn't think yesterday's result was as "top top" as some thought...

2euly6d.gif

Triffic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Seems Jamie didn't think yesterday's result was as "top top" as some thought...

2euly6d.gif

Triffic.

Yeah I noticed that yesterday that he was sitting with Levy.

The bloke seems like he wants to have his cake and eat it. Not got the stones to get into coaching etc. but more than happy to hang around the 'big boys', whilst also picking up his check from Sky, for what's supposed to be 'analysis'.

Am I right in thinking that prior to his auld lad getting the job, he had a frosty relationship with the club, and certainly didn't make much of his time there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

thats a bit different to his reaction midweek innit haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Jamie is a Liverpool fan, why are people suprised at his reaction? :confused:

Good to see the usual suspects rear their ugly heads in this thread after months of silence from them. Most of the points made by em are beyond laughable.

As for game yesterday, we were robbed, happens in football from time to time, not really an issue, wats important is we bounce back from it with a win against WBA next week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Mr Alan wrote: »

Good to see the usual suspects rear their ugly heads in this thread after months of silence from them. Most of the points made by em are beyond laughable.

As for game yesterday, we were robbed, happens in football from time to time, not really an issue, wats important is we bounce back from it with a win against WBA next week.

i can actually taste the lemons from here :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Ye you'd wonder, when United fans don't get a result we don't all flood onto their threads to gloat, we actually have city fans on this thread "delighted" we lost, you've gotta wonder what city fans would have again us, at least if we won the prem it would mean that united don't win it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Maybe it'd be just great if people could stop talking about what other sets of fans are doing and talked about the match instead.

• Advertisement

PHB wrote: »
    Maybe it'd be just great if people could stop talking about what other sets of fans are doing and talked about the match instead.

Agreed, it's hard to do when you have fans that enter the thread with no interest in taking about football though, their here to gloat only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

i didnt see the game at all AL and this is a genuine question if you dont mind, how were liverpool robbed exactly? bad ref? far as i knew ye had loads of chances but still cant convert and got done in the end, but not robbed surely?

kryogen wrote: »
    i didnt see the game at all AL and this is a genuine question if you dont mind, how were liverpool robbed exactly? bad ref? far as i knew ye had loads of chances but still cant convert and got done in the end, but not robbed surely?

If we hit the bar and the post in the same match while 1-0 up, have all of the play then it's fair to say it's not your day. "Robbed" is not the correct word to use, Spurs did well, fair play to them, but I doubt even the most fanatical Spurs fan would feel that their play deserved all 3 points yesterday.
    Every club has these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

All this talk of Liverpools title chances....Spurs are only 17 points adrift now, late title surge anyone?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

think we were more mugged than robbed tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Every year it's the same thing. Liverpool start well - it must be their year. United start indifferently - the tide has turned and now Liverpool have overtaken them. History however shows that by around January it's a different story.

Have resisted posting on this thread up to now as most of the stuff is beyond belief.. In particular, the quoted posts of ntlbell make for some excellent reading..

Before I get into any of the bickering, credit should be given to Archimedes. By far the most level headed posting I have ever seen on this forum. Kudos!!
    Every year it's the same thing. Liverpool start well - it must be their year. .

I am going to restrict things to the last 3 or 4 years as going further back is somewhat pointless.

This statement is so baseless and factually inaccurate. Your posts are generally quite good too.

I have witnessed Liverpool fans get excited before the season starts but I can't really remember any instance of us being top of the league after 10 games having beated Chelsea in Stamford Bridge and United in Anfield.

We are generally always well out of it by this stage of the season like.

Some of the posts on this thread so far really do prove conclusively that some fans of oppossing are extremely bitter about everything Liverpoool FC. Very sad tbh.

You could analyse why they are so happy. I think it is due to it being the first time in a long time that Liverpool supporters have genuine reason to be positive about the league and they see that as a threat.

As for the match. Done enough to win the match but ultimately paid the price for not being able to put the ball in the back of the net. This is the exactly same crap that went on last season and I was worried that we weren't truely past it.

Still though, plenty to play for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

You'd swear Liverpool fans claimed that we'd go the season unbeaten or something? We've lost one game! One! Our first prem loss since about March.
    Also, no Liverpool fan has claimed we're gonna win the league this season on these threads. And i mean seriously claim it, in a reasonable discussion.
    Most fans hope we can put up a challenge and not be out of it by Christmas. So far, so good.
    Some of the posts on this thread are laughable and some of the thanks for these posts by certain posters are predictable.
    At least wait until Christmas for either side to be making grandiose statements.

Advertisement