Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

city center cheap pubs

Options
  • 31-10-2008 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

hi need some help am heading to dublin with some friends next week need some city centre pubs to spend the day knocking back pints in but a cheap one would be preferable

ps not looking for a dive either!
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Grogan's on South William Street isn't too expensive. And you can get toasted sandwiches there too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Flowing tide on abbey st.
    Fibbers Parnell street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Degsy wrote: »
    Fibbers Parnell street.
    These are both dives.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,627 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

With Dublin its going to be pricey no matter where you go. Id second Grogan's though.

Kennedys of Westland Row and Anseo on Camden Street at decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

Degsy wrote: »
    Fibbers Parnell street.

surprised you didnt suggest the parnell mooney, i spent some time in dublin before, i wonder is there any place that does pitchers?

thanks for all the suggestions btw:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Karma around the corner from Christchurch is the cheapest place in Dublin.Long necks and shots for €3 I think.Hav'nt been there for a while though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Birneybau wrote: »
    Karma around the corner from Christchurch is the cheapest place in Dublin.Long necks and shots for €3 I think.Hav'nt been there for a while though.

I was about to suggest the same place.

Its also got the deadliest, most beautiful pint of Guiness for €3.50 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

Mairt wrote: »
    I was about to suggest the same place.

Its also got the deadliest, most beautiful pint of Guiness for €3.50 too.

sounds good guys thanks for the info, 3.50 thats not bad at all, ill have to check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭ODS

Sin É is €3 a Guinness pint all day Sunday and Mondays - it's on Ormond Quay, beside the old Ormond Hotel at the bottom of Capel Street.

Good for the tunes on nights as well - retro jazz, salsa :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

CiaranC wrote: »
    These are both dives.

What do you expect for 3.50 a pint?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

The gingerman on fenian st.(?) does pitchers of their own beer, which weren't too expensive iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

The Boardwalk- 6 dutchgold 7quid.....
    Seriously though, the pav in the grounds of trinity is cheap, although it is better in nice weather when you can sit out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

I think the Purty Kitchen in Temple Bar has very good drink deals before 8pm during the week - could well be worth checking out

Would also recommend Sin E - they also do grub

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,627 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The gingerman on fenian st.(?) does pitchers of their own beer, which weren't too expensive iirc.

Completely forgot about there, good choice. Last time i was there pitcher was €12

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

faceman wrote: »
    With Dublin its going to be pricey no matter where you go.

Are you from Dublin Faceman? Are these misconceptions made by Dubliners or people that are not from Dublin?

There was a restaurant thread a while ago, a lot of people were under the assumption that all restaurants were expensive. Of course, they were put right.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

The Shakesphere on Parnell St does €9 pitchers.....dump too but hey!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Woolshed does pitchers

lightening wrote: »
    Are you from Dublin Faceman? Are these misconceptions made by Dubliners or people that are not from Dublin?

There was a restaurant thread a while ago, a lot of people were under the assumption that all restaurants were expensive. Of course, they were put right.

This thread is about cheap pubs not restaurants. Any suggestions so?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

faceman wrote: »
    Any suggestions so?

Molloys on Talbot street. Fantastic pub, never that packed, excellent barmen, good prices.

There has been lots and lots of suggestions. Seems your wrong! ;)

It wasn't a personal attack at all faceman. I am just wondering where you get the idea that you can't get a cheap pint in Dublin when clearly you can. Do you read it in newspapers, do you go out much in the city, do you feel ripped off?

I am in the city every weekend and sometimes during the week. Fair enough, there are expensive joints, but you can get cheap, decent places all over the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

another vote for karma here, i love that place (and their prices)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Actually, if you find any pub that serves Beamish you'll get cheap pints really!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The Restaurant Royale in Upper Stephen Street - a most unusual little place. :) (I think the pints are €3).

StephenStreetUpperRestaurantRoyale.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

The Restaurant Royale in Upper Stephen Street - a most unusual little place. :) (I think the pints are €3).

the food is also quite decent and dirt cheap too, i think he does a fish and chips for a fiver

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭luketitz

The Bernard Shaw does pitchers of Erdinger for 5.50, bargain in my books!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

luketitz wrote: »
    The Bernard Shaw does pitchers of Erdinger for 5.50, bargain in my books!
    Excuse my ignorance but how many pints are in a pitcher?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

"The Cobblestone" on Nth King St in Smithfield is a great little pub. It looks like the building should be condemned from the outside but don't be put off by the exterior.
    It's a very friendly pub with good trad music,great pints and a nice mix of people. I don't know exactly how much a pint costs, but I do remember commenting about how cheap it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Excuse my ignorance but how many pints are in a pitcher?
    About 4 pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

That's a serious understatement, it's full of quare-hawks! Opens at 7 in the morning too I believe!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

another vote for karma here, i love that place (and their prices)
    And another one from me - was there just last night. It was very quiet too so the more people go, the more likely they'll be able to stay in business and give us these cheap drinks! Also has reasonably priced pub-grub too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I think the Royale finishes very early though - about 7:30pm? Can anyone confirm this?

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement