Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where are the Grit Trucks?

Options
  • 31-10-2008 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

Out on the road late last night in Naas, back to Meath early this morning and up to Dublin. It was freezing hard and the roads were lethal, nearly lost it twice. I did not see one gritter truck out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Budget cutbacks;)

Tis expensive stuff ya know:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

spadder wrote: »
    Out on the road late last night in Naas, back to Meath early this morning and up to Dublin. It was freezing hard and the roads were lethal, nearly lost it twice. I did not see one gritter truck out.

I have never seen any roads gritted in Meath. The only county I've ever seen gritted is Monaghan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

darc wrote: »
    Last night the weather forecast temperatures of minus 5. This followed a wet evening.

1+1 = Dangerous road conditions.

Do you think Kildare Co Co would have the intelligence to grit the roads??? - No!! Not a chance. Not even the main roads. Happens every bloody year. -

Their action today has led to numerous accidents around N78, Athy, Naas, Kildare, Newbridge areas.

Incompetent buffoons!

Update - 14 accidents in Naas Athy, Newbridge axis reported by Naas Traffic corp between 7am & 8.30am this morning!

From the Kildare forum.

Looks like someone forgot to get an updated forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Guy at work came off his motorbike this morning near Naas. He's fine, but was waiting 15 mins for his wife to collect him in the car and 2 more cars left the road on the same stretch! :eek: This was at around 6.00 this morning, so there wasn't much traffic. Seriously though, get gritting Kildare Co. Co.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,973 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Passed a trruck wiped out in to a hedge along the road from Straffan to Kill (L2007), as a result the truck at the head of the queue I was in dropped to about 30km/h as a precaution... entire tractor unit of the truck was a write off I guess, and it was only a late 07!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

The Athy - Kilcullen road was like an ice rink this morning - worst (black ice) I have ever driven in. Drove it at 15km/hr and even at that the car was dancing. There were a couple of trucks even parked up as it was too dangerous for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

KCC were gritting the Naas ring road (wouldn't have thought it was as bad as some roads in Kildare :confused:) at aorund 8.15 this morning-in time for tonight's frost maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I skidded out of my driveway this morning. That was only a sign of things to come.

I came down to the junction in the village in North Tipperary and went straight into the centre of it. I had no control over braking or steering. After that, I was on regional but busy road and it was plain sailing all the way.

Advertisement