Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cover for chimmney to stop rain entry

Options
  • 31-10-2008 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

After a recent heavy rain shower, rain water leaked from my stove pipe where it enters the wall. I think I might need to stop excess rain entering the chimmney to prevent this, any recommendation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭copper12

Do you think the water came from the inside of the stove pipe
    Or could it have ran down the outside and true the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

I've recently had this problem with my oil boiler, the rain was getting into the stove pipe and saturating the door gasket. I solved the problem by putting the drum of a washing machine over the top of the steel flue. It works a treat!! An easier solution for you may be to by a H-cowl for the top of your chimney. Not the prettiest thing in the world but will definitely solve the issue. You can get one at irish international trading on tramore road if you are living near the city

Advertisement