Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with printer uninstall - wrong language!

• 31-10-2008 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi

I have a HP deskjet printer which is acting up - print quality is crap but ink levels look ok etc.

However, I can't read any of the service messages / ink level indictors etc because it was all installed in dutch.

I have the software CD, and would like to uninstall the software and reinstall it with english instead, but when i put the CD in, all the messages come up in dutch also.

Any ideas where i can start - when I try to uninstall through control panel, all the messages I get are in dutch too, and if i try clicking the options which i suspect are 'yes', 'continue' etc, i end up with an error message, in dutch!

any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Hmmm now that is an interesting problem !

Have u try going on to some free language translater site and typing in the messages to see what they mean in english, dunno if it'll help but it's worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭StudentC

Yep, tried that but what I'm getting doesn't make much sense! Thanks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Can you not go to Add/Remove Programs and remove the HP software and then reinstall the software from the CD, or even better download the newest driver from the HP website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

A system restore could get you out of this if you had a recent enough restore point. Your documents won't be touched by a restoration.

Advertisement