Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantom of Solace game

Options
  • 31-10-2008 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,919 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know much about it?

According to Play it is out now, but the official site says November 4th. Previews for it have been good, and it looks good, running on the COD4 engine.

However, i can't find any reviews for it, which is never a good sign.

Anyone know if it actually is good? In the mood to buy a game today, and I want to hold off on Fallout 3 til my XBOX returns, so I am looking at PS3 titles...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Was there ever a game that was based on a movie.... that was good ? I cant remember that last one but goldeneye on the n64 was ok ! Recent ones ... not so good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    Was there ever a game that was based on a movie.... that was good ? I cant remember that last one but goldeneye on the n64 was ok ! Recent ones ... not so good

Spiderman 3 was pretty good, imo (don't understand why there was so much negativity about that game)

I also liked Peter Jacksons King Kong, Transformers, Beowulf and Ratatouille.

Most recently, Kung Fu Panda was also surprisingly good, with a metacritic score of 76

I wouldn't personally recommend buying Quantum of Solace though as the single player campaign is only 4 hours long :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

L31mr0d wrote: »
    .........as the single player campaign is only 4 hours long :eek:

Some developers put so little effort in, definitely not worth buying, if you got a console then rent it.

I'm still waiting for the perfect game, much like HL2 that engrossed me for weeks, developers are just getting so lazy these days, re-skinning old games and cutting corners. Its goin down the toilet, much like the film industry with sequels (and the music industry with cover versions). They may blame piracy, I think they gotta take a look at the situation and rethink, its them ruining the gaming industry with poor games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

IGN UK have a review up - http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/925/925474p1.html

Seems above average. Plus the UK team on average seem to rate games lower, if you care about the numbers that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭rvd156

Sorry but whoever said "Goldeneye" on the N64 was "ok" should take that back...

For that time it was bloody savage!!

It totally represented the film to a T and I thought it was brill....Am I the only one who thought it was that good???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

rvd156 wrote: »

It totally represented the film to a T and I thought it was brill....Am I the only one who thought it was that good???
    No you're not. :rolleyes:

But it has aged terribly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Its being released state side on the 4th of november, thats prob where the confusion come in id say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Goldeneye was ace, as was Spiderman 2. Chronicles of Riddick wasnt bad either. There have been a number of good ones, its just that they are buried in a sea of ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Goldeneye is one of the best FPS you'll ever play. But if you attempt to play it now, you'll hate it. frame rate is all over the place! So don't ruin your good memories of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I played the PC demo of this and it was pretty good. Nothing amazing, but it kept me entertained. But after hearing that it's only about 4 hours long, I think I'll make it a rental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,172 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It just a James Bond mod for Call of Duty 4

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It just a James Bond mod for Call of Duty 4
    Is that a bad thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I also liked Peter Jacksons King Kong, Transformers, Beowulf and Ratatouille.

Transformers???
    I hope to god you're talking about Melbourne House's PS2 title!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

tman wrote: »
    Transformers???
    I hope to god you're talking about Melbourne House's PS2 title!

Transformers the game was terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

James Bond 007: Nightfire and James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire were really good, I remember flying around on grapple hooks and planting laser mines on walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Soby wrote: »
    Transformers the game was terrible

I didn't actually mind it. Its relatively short and there's enough variation in which Transformer you're controlling to keep it interesting.

Still I guess if you're a big enough Transformers fan you'll play it with rose tinted glasses on :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

Quantum of Solace is a solid but slightly old-fashioned FPS that doesn't do as much as it might with the Bond material. Entertaining, but rather unimpressive.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/gaming/review/2008/11/02/Quantum-of-Solace--The-Video-Game/p3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Been playing it there for the past hour or so on PC, its pretty much run and gun type stuff with "Shoot this conviently placed barrel for explosive results" things knocking about very often throughout the levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭RoosterIllusion

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for the perfect game, much like HL2 that engrossed me for weeks, developers are just getting so lazy these days, re-skinning old games and cutting corners. Its goin down the toilet, much like the film industry with sequels (and the music industry with cover versions). They may blame piracy, I think they gotta take a look at the situation and rethink, its them ruining the gaming industry with poor games

Falout 3 is pretty decent. Heres the Eurogamer review: click me

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭gstar

wow the magic memories of multiplayer golden-eye on n64 :) god I loved playing that game!! :D
    pity the ps2 bond efforts never really lived up to golden-eye's playability, and by the sounds this one will be a ps3 rental for me too :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The World is Not Enough was alright on the PSX. It was developed by the same people that made Medal of Honor/MOH Underground on the PSX (Black Ops). Not remotely as good as those games but still decent. Still have a boxed copy at home I whip out from time to time.

This one's made by Treyarch as well, didn't realise they were making this alongside Call of Duty World at War - these guys have got to stop pushing games out so fast, and spend a little more time on them - talents there, but they get the most ridiculous timeframes!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

The N64 version of TWINE was better than the PSX one, it had multiplayer and the single player was totally different. I enjoyed both though, my cousin had the PSX one.

I was really tempted to pick up QoS with Fallout 3 on Friday, but I'll wait. It'll be on sale soon and I've got Fallout 3 and Fable 2 to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I downloaded the demo for this and thought it was decent enough. it looked liked a fairly good run and shoot game
    rvd156 wrote: »

nah i thought it was fairly awesome too. i didn't have N64 at the time so i used to called into smyths in on maylor st in cork and have a good off it on the way home from school. I loved the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭s-cogan

i love the online play for quantum of solace but only in team conflict
    i have been violently contradicted on this though

Advertisement