Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fear of Blushing- erythrophobia.

Options
  • 31-10-2008 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Do anyone else suffer from this? I blush for no good reason mostly. Like seeing an old friend, or at work or if I speak my mind about anything important to me. I thought this was something you grow out of in your teens but im 25 and nothing has changed!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭ButterflyGirl23

I use to blush a lot and I found that if you wear lots of make-up that gives you really good coverage (like MAC studio fix fluid) well then if you blush noone will know as you have such good coverage! Apart of it for me was that when I started to blush I would think, oh no people will notice and then it would get worse! But because they can't see it doesn't matter if you blush or not! I then found that I don't blush as much now!
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭AssaultedPeanut

Yeah I had/have it too. It used to be really bad, if anyone even spoke to me I'd suddenly get hit with this intense self consciousness and end up blushing to the point of cutting off circulation to the rest of my body:p ..ok maybe not that extreme, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Now I get it only in social situations that I find to be awkward, like sitting around a table with loads of people and if it's very brightly lit. In situations like that I'd be thinking about it nearly the whole time and hoping no one asks me a question coz I know people would be thinking "why the hell is she going so red"!!

I find now if I just force myself to go along with it, blush or no blush it eventually stops happening as much. But in the long term I think it's something I'll always have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jackdubryan

Hey all I know wat its like feel like crap blushing. More you wish u didnt blush more u will. I read loads books to study this. Meditation is definetly the best thing. It may take a year to get over it but u will. U just sit watch your thoughts its that simple. I promise. I 33 I blushed all my life. Avoided loads of situations because of fear of blushing. I wanted control of my life again so I studied books for advice. Meditate every day. If anyone wants any more advice let me know.

Take care all and goodluck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

I used to blush alot when I was younger, felt really stupid about it. I stopped eating as much and started smoking. I've a much paler complexion now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭thesultan

I have a big problem with it and its really affecting me. I work in a bar and anytime a good looking women comes in I blush. Now I am currently in with a good shout with a very nice girl but I'm scared of my life that I will go red in her presence. I detest myself when I blush. Now I have gotten off with girls but its always the next time I see them that I blush. I remember seeing that ARdel O' Hanlon (dougal) had it but lost it when he got older. I'm twenty eight now and seem not to be getting any better.

My job constantly puts me in a social situation( can't cuck a job at the moment in this climate either). Is there any way that it can be addressed? I heard the story a few years ago of a man dying gettting an operation to cure it.

Is there any tablets that could be taking?

• Advertisement
Advertisement