Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21st Birthday Outfit!

Options
  • 31-10-2008 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Any suggestions on what shops are really good for getting a party dress for my 21st birthday?! I don't want to spend alot on just one dress that i probably wont wear again so something in the region of €400 max.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

In Dublin, Julien, Chica, Costume, Rococco, Debenhams, Pamela Scott, Lara Boutique. They're all in town, should be enough to get you started!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

Gorrrrgeous dress in the window of Karen Millen today!!

http://www.karenmillen.com/fcp/product/-/Dresses//903000051868?page=prod903000051868

Doesnt look much there, but it really is lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Yeah Pythia has given you the good list of usual places to go...

I'd also hit up asos.com

Seriously, I still am adamant that we need sticky of debs / birthday / xmas party dresses!!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pynchy

yet again i'll plug the vintage side of things...

why not an amazing one off sixties or seventies dress, a designer label vintage dress will be way below 400 quid and there is not a chance that anybody else will have the same one!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭suckmyloli

It really depends on your own style. Although it's your 21st so you wanna feel like a superstar, personally I think anything vintage might be a bit too frumpy for a 21st. Deffintely go to Julien in St. Stephen's green, they often have dresses fit for a red carpet and usually under €200, but don't over look the northside boutiques, sometimes they have really eye catching dresses (there's a couple of places in Talbot St.) if you're not affraid of a bit of sparkle. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

Does anyone know if any of the shops mentioned above have websites? I was on the lara one which is pretty good but takes ages to look at de dresses etc and Julien's website is being updated aswell....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Does anyone know if any of the shops mentioned above have websites? I was on the lara one which is pretty good but takes ages to look at de dresses etc and Julien's website is being updated aswell....:(

A lot of boutiques don't have great websites. I'd recommend just going into them.

Advertisement