Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rough estimate on windows?

• 31-10-2008 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

i need to get new windows. 8 large windows and 3 small windows for a detached house. i know my information is limited but i just need a rough estimate.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I also need a piece of string.

How long? Oh I dunno. How long is a piece of string??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

well, the large windows will cost more than the small ones... LOL

Joking aside, if you had actual measurements it would be easier to estimate. Go into a load of stores, collect up some brochures and do a bit of price checking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

10k+

Get a couple of estimates from window companies no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

BostonB wrote: »
    10k+

Now Im not criticizing you because I genuinely dont know how much windows would cost, especially since we have no idea as to the kind of windows the OP needs, but 10k has to be waaaaaay too expensive, even to supply and fit!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

He wanted a rough estimate. :D

Windows and glass can vary a lot in features, so will the price. We got quotes for a smaller number of windows than the OP recently and I think the quotes ranged from 6k to 14k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This is not what this forum is all about.

darrenh, measure up what you need and ring around a few suppliers for prices.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement