Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeking sympathetic dentist in Wexford

Options
  • 31-10-2008 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me of a sympathetic dentist in the Wexford town area? I have a phobia about dentists and have not been in many years. I need someone who will understand and tell me that I am being stupid.

I have gotten as far as the waiting room 3 times before breaking down and running as fast as my legs could carry me. Yes, yes, I know it is silly for a grown woman to throw up at the mere thought of phoning for an appointment, but there it is. Help please.

Comments

I use Gehearty (sp?)

He is a nice guy and does the job well. Can PM you the number if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sam_mom1

Dr. Murphy in Bride Street is who i use, he's a lovely chap and his dental nurse is an absolute dote, really puts you at ease..

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭KayPea

Thank you all for your help.
    Fingers crossed I can go through with it this time.
    :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 dinos

Meet your twin here... absolutely petrified of dentists. Now I go to Dr. Murphy, and I agree with other poster - he's a real pet, especially with scaredy cats like me!

best of luck - literally he is finished before you know whats happening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 monkey99

where ever you go, definately dont go to mccarthy in enniscorthy, he's brutal lads, i had a BRUTAL toothache an went 3times for him to do hardly anything (but charge loads) before he'd pull it :(
    and he always asks you silly questions that you cant answer yes or no to, while he's in your mouth and you're like 'ehh leghhhjh llehssh *dribble dribble*'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

monkey, you know of a good dentist in Enniscorthy? I moved back home and I have no idea which is best/worst

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 monkey99

god i really don't know of one no, sorry. I went to him a few times but only when i REALLY had to, im the same as the op, hate the dentist!
    Your man mccarthys daughter is a dentist too, they work in the same practice so maybe she'd be a bit better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭mwexford

Terrific dentist in McCauley's medical centre in Enniscorthy - Roland Hill (i think that's his surname) - gentle and quick!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Justabout

Myself and my wife have used Geraghty several times, and though seemingly competent in basic dental work, seems to be totally disinterested in the patient's welfare. Wouldn't ever use him again

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Eliza1

Robin Foyle in Georges St is really good. Kind and gentle and puts you at ease. His practise is called Wexford Dental Clinic www.wexforddentalclinic.ie. There's another dentist there too called Christina Taut and shes lovely too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I am fairly nervous of dentists and I go to Geraghty.

I find him fairly good. His bedside manner isn't great - but when ever I have needed any more complicated work done, he uses the gas which works for me.

Have you tried bringing anyone with you to the dentist? My partner comes with me (to the doctor as well) as I get extremely nervous. Having someone with you nearly forces you to go through with it.

Advertisement