Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first tattoo

Options
  • 31-10-2008 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hiya I'm 24 and I wanna get my first tattoo I really wanna get a tattoo of a Phoenix rising from flames on my left shoulder, from the top of my shoulder down to my elbow with two colours just really black and really deep red I've seen one tatoo that I have in mind but I want something unique to me.

I'm just looking for advice on the best tattoo artists around in Europe and any other advice people can give me on here.

I'm also thinking of getting a tattoo of Ferdia on my right shoulder same size as above but not too sure yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Hiya I'm 24 and I wanna get my first tattoo I really wanna get a tattoo of a Phoenix rising from flames on my left shoulder, from the top of my shoulder down to my elbow with two colours just really black and really deep red I've seen one tatoo that I have in mind but I want something unique to me.

I'm just looking for advice on the best tattoo artists around in Europe and any other advice people can give me on here.

I'm also thinking of getting a tattoo of Ferdia on my right shoulder same size as above but not too sure yet.

Hi Danny,

I presume you'll be going pretty big with the phoenix, like half your back, in order to get some good detail in there yeah? Anyway, my recommendation for people to talk to, Jani (you'll get him through myspace, janitattoo) he's in Dublin but is heading off in December to another part of Europe. There's also the guys in Colourworks in Temple bar, Darren, I think, is the one to talk to there. In Europe i'd recommend:
    Robert Hernandez
    Vittamin Tattoo, Spain
    Roberto Borsi
    Primordial Pain, Italy
    George Bone
    George Bone Tattoo, UK
    Dimitri
    Dimitri Tatuages, France
    Jack ribeiro
    France
    Claudia
    Claudia Tattoo, Holland
    Castor
    Queen of Hearts, Portugal
    Boris
    Boris Tattoo, Hungary
    Markus
    Luxaltera, Holland

Any of the above got the skillz to pay the billz and would also be able to do the Ferdia portrait too (IMO). Though Bob Tyrell (USA) is probably the man of the moment regarding portraits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭j0605

Hi Guys

Im 25 and getting my first tattoo on monday, getting something small on my wrist was wondering how long will it take to heal like will i have to keep it covered for days, have a party thing on wednesday and wondering can i let it show or cover it up.

prob take 4-6 weeks to heal maybe slighly less if its very small. Keep it covered for 2 hours or so after the tat is finished and then keep it moist using bepanthen, you can pick it up in boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭j0605

great thanks very much,

So after 2 hours I can take off the plaster and leave it off can i.
    Mine will prob end up really small im a total wuss

Yeah you can leave it off. Your tattooist will give you all the necessary info that you need anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Dannyrogers04

Thanks for the advice I went into Stigmata tau in swords and the guys are going to draw up the design I want for the phoenix.

Has anyone had work done in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 paullowry25

Im looking for any tatoo artist who is looking for someone to ink up i will give them free will of what they want to do once an agreeable arrangement can be come to! I'm interested in a sleeve of some sort and something done on my back aswell please if anyone knows anyone who wud b interested in anything like that or wher i cud get something like that done please message me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

hi paul, just removed your email for your own safety, if people wanna work on you they can pm ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Will wrote: »
    hi paul, just removed your email for your own safety, if people wanna work on you they can pm ya
    drat!!!! I was this close to getting his bank details and all:(

jerk :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 paullowry25

no prob will thanks for that but not much info they could get thru it believe me some have tried but thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Rifle

Check this guy out for tattooing in Cork, Ireland (and presumably the surrounding area). Some of his pieces are really cool.

He also comes to your place to do the work, it's a nice touch (and cuts down on his overhead ;) )

Wow you wouldn't happen to be him would you? Cos 2 of the 3 posts belonging to you thus far are advertising his services?

Read up on the terms and conditions please about advertising

Wow you wouldn't happen to be him would you? Cos 2 of the 3 posts belonging to you thus far are advertising his services?

Read up on the terms and conditions please about advertising

I know him because he did a tattoo for me and I genuinely think that he is worth recommending. I searched for tattoo related threads and I replied to two that specifically asked about tattooists. Sorry I haven't had the chance to build up the 9000+ posts you have, Will - I promise to work on it over Christmas. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

It's not a case of post counts, it's one of the forum rules! And I doubt anyone here condones tattooing in people's houses, for the record.

Well first of all, personally speaking I am very dubious of any tattoo artists that aren't based full-time in a studio due to health and safety issues. Pretty darn hard to have a safe, clean, sterile environment set up in a strangers house.

Secondly post count has nothing to do with it, instead of working on your post count maybe work on your manners.

Gauge wrote: »
    It's not a case of post counts
    Will made a point of my post count...this post sets the ratio at 2 in 5 though, so I'm getting better ;)
    it's one of the forum rules!
    How am I supposed to recommend someone to the original poster?
    I doubt anyone here condones tattooing in people's houses
    As long as it's properly hygienic and you're not breaking into someone else's house to do it, then it should be fine... :D

Seriously though, I apologise... I didn't mean to break the rules - delete the posts if they're not cool. :o

We just get a lot of people coming on here pimping places who are in some way related to them. A lot of hassle in the past with some studios.

Apologies again... I haven't been active on the board because I haven't had the net at home until recently... :D

See you around, Will and Gauge :)

Advertisement