Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to Downgrade my PSP N00B

Options
  • 31-10-2008 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I think i have Version 3.51 or 5.01 not sure, will check when i gete home

Just wondering if someone could help me here.I am looking to downgrade my PSP so i can play downloaded games. I have got to the part were i formated on DOS CD mspformat, i said yes to this, i created a PSP Folder and in that folder i created a game folder, I put in the Battery and Installer Folders in to the Game folder, i disconnect from USB and go to game on PSP, the 2 files show up on the PSP as Corrupt!!! Any ideas where I'm going wrong,This is what i have done.

Formatted Memory card
    Formatted MSPFORMAT on DOS
    Created PSP Folder and it Game folder

Can someone PM me or put together some instructions for a n00b? Don't know why they are coming up as Corrupt, can anyone give me a step by step link they have actually used.

Thanks Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Please look at some of the posts on this forum before posting.

Here is a thread with all the info you need:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055404947

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You're trying to install a custom firmware on a PSP that isn't already modified, that's why they're corrupt, they can't be installed directly. The tutorial linked is very good, but you'll need a Pandora battery for it to work. There's pretty much no other way to do it without that battery.

Advertisement