Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meet the Managers - Iarnród Éireann Heuston Station Wednesday 05 November 2008

• 31-10-2008 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭

http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/news.asp?action=view&news_id=440

Meet the Managers at Heuston Station on Wednesday 5th November 2008

Iarnród Éireann's latest face to face meeting of the management team and customers will take place in Heuston Station on Wednesday 5th November 2008.

Ciaran Masterson, Regional Manager for Mainline (Heuston and Cork Districts) along with his management team will be available to meet customers on the afternoon of Wednesday 5th November 2008 between 4.30pm and 6.30pm at Heuston Station Concourse.

Customers are invited to come along and discuss issues of interest or concern to them with the management team.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭T Corolla

I think this is a good thing. I myself do not commute to work on the train but i use it for travelling cork/belfast/galway. I have a good number of questions i like to ask him espically about their web fares. I tried to book one today and i was unable to select the train i wanted . The prices are very good in my opinion. I would also like to ask why these web fares are not in connolly station services i.e Belfast. I paid forty euro's day return to belfast recently and when i arrived in Belfast Central there were about ten posters on the wall selling 10 pound fares/ 13 euro's day return trips to dublin. The only condition was you had to book the fares seventy two hours before hand which is not illlogical. Irish rail will be only running on commuter traffic in the future if they dont improve their service to a standard that suits the price they charge. I think the government should re-cost the rail projects and try and get better value for money and any money saved from this excerise be put back into education. I cannot believe the Kildare route project is costing fifty million euros a mile for eight miles of track. They could get a freight train to go around the country for a month a collect up all the old trackwork that is stored in almost every station in the country and use this for tracks instead of buying new track. Even if this steel work was not suitable it could be sold to part fund some of these projects and they could also sell some of the land around the station to also fund some of there projects.

Advertisement