Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joomla

Options
  • 31-10-2008 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to complete some training in Joomla. Would anyone hee have any experience of an courses or could you recomend one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 littlegreenman

I found the DVD from lynda.com -Joomla 1.5 Essential Training very helpful, especially when learning Joomla initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

tHanks Little green Man! Just completed the Lynda Training! Its very good. I'm looking to take it to the next level and get some training on custom templates, integration with fireworks/dreamweaver etc etc.
    All help or direction greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 littlegreenman

I'd suggest using one of the existing templates that comes with Joomla. Strip out everything that you think you don't need, and incorporate your design. Get the design working, then add in the php components as you need.

Remember, you can assign a specific template againist a specific page/ or pages (or category). It is imporant to understand this, as you don't have to build your site around a single template. (my own site uses about 5 templates).

A menu(s) can be assigned againist individual pages. Which means you don't have to try and hack the site to have different menus on different pages (again I've about 5 menus on my site).

All in all, keep it simple. Start from the very basic. Get your template working. Then add in all the components that you think your site will need within the individual template(s).

Advertisement