Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How was the Theory Test for you?

Options
  • 31-10-2008 3:34pm

I'm doing it soon. Bought the CD Rom, and it all seems to be pretty much just a bunch of common sense questions with the odd obscure one thrown in here and there.

However, of everyone i know, no one seems to have failed the test. Everyone I've asked said they passed (first time, obviously).

Just wondering what the pass/failure rate on boards is?

Did you struggle through it? No problems with it whatsoever?

Just curious.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Passed mine 1st time around but the person who was sitting the test same time as me told me she had failed it twice before. While we were waiting she kept telling me how hard it was etc. I was almost bricking it until I realised that she was a complete idiot. When she was called it turned out that she had forgot to bring her relevant documents.

So after failing the theory test twice and forgetting her documents this time around what did she do ... hop back into the car to drive home and get them :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Got 39/40, but got caught on one trick question - a picture with fog and question: What is the hazard in the picture (or something like that), I clicked reduced viability...answer was something like low hanging branches :rolleyes:

Still, it's an easy exam, just study beforehand - CD is the best means of studying for it IMO as it's the exact same format as that of the actual test...pity the guy sounds like Pay Kenny (maybe it is :eek:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I've known a few people who failed it, and every single one was an overconfident type who scoffed at how simple the questions were and didn't even bother opening the book to look over them.

If you look at the CD-ROM and book you should pass no bother :)

Advertisement