Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tim Sherwood to join coaching staff.

Options
  • 31-10-2008 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

JUst received a report that Tim is after announcing that he has joined the coaching staff. I am quite happy with this, he knows the club and seems to be a nice guy. What do you all think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

JUst received a report that Tim is after announcing that he has joined the coaching staff. I am quite happy with this, he knows the club and seems to be a nice guy. What do you all think?

Seems solid to me, Like you said know's the club and was a decent player who played under a good few managers.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

I'm not so sure.
    His comments don't fill me with total confidence....

"I will be here in some capacity."

"I'm pleased to have the opportunity to be involved at such a great football club.

"I'm not sure how I'm going to be involved. It's only going to be part-time because the club won't be in my mind 100% of the time."

"It's a fantastic football club. If someone would have asked me where I wanted to get back into football then I would have said Tottenham Hotspur.

"I don't know what the plans are. This a great club. I have it heart and I want to see them do well.

"Spurs should not be at the bottom of the table."

Would much rather Clive Allen be promoted. Bentley said he gave him a little nudge before the game and said 'Keep one eye on Almunia - he always comes off his line'. Thats the sort of Assistant manager we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

He'll miss out on his media work, or he's hankering for money

I thought once the interest was there - he'd jump all over it, rather than speaking to the media and not really committing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

Wasn't he at issue with Spurs a few years back?...Seem to remember that he made some very anti-Hoddle (as Manager) comments that led to him leaving Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I'm in the 'not sure' camp on this one but for the moment I guess we'll have to trust Harry's judgement and see how things pan out.

I hope he installs more committment/urgency in the players than he played with himself. If memory serves me right he always seemed to be strolling around the pitch. Never saw him bust a gut to get a ball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'm not sure about him either,he seems surprised to be asked..Does anyone know if he coached at any other club before ?

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

looks like harry is going to surround himself with a few old boys les ferdinand didnt rule himself out on sultanas friday show for a coaching job.not sure on sherwoods coaching credentials either he was always a solid player throughout his career.
    Didnt have his best playing spell at white hart lane though.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Didnt have his best playing spell at white hart lane though.

He has a Premship medal though, doesn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, he was known as deadwood, but then again, we all know that the best footballers make the best managers, so who knows.

personally, im sure if we make a mistake, it will be rectified. id be interested to see what capacity he is taken on in. will he be a physical coach or a skills coach or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

As I understand it it is more of an "advisory role" He is also trying to bring in Les and Teddy!
    I also understand that Clive Allan IS now his 1st team assistant manager!

I would have liked to see Garry Mab or another solid defender come in to look at coaching the defenders, sure the lads mentioned above can help the lads when it comes to going forward, but we need solid defending coaching more than anything right now!:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement