Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return to BF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I was in GAME at the weekend too and they had BF2 deleux edition (all the add-ons in the 2 for 25 section)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Server I normally play is a UK one called S18clan. (Section 18).
    All maps are played and the admins are extremely good and take no crap from anyone. They're also actively banning hackers as I'm seen a few caught.
    IP: 85.236.100.70 (default port).
    BBNET.UK is another great server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

This thread made me dust off my copy of BF2. I forgot how good it was. I was shocked by the amount of team work compared to playing any fps on the xbox. As I spawned a guy was driving off and he turned around to pick me up you wouldnt get that on most xbox games plus I didnt have to deal with any American kids with anger issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Server I normally play is a UK one called S18clan. (Section 18).
    All maps are played and the admins are extremely good and take no crap from anyone. They're also actively banning hackers as I'm seen a few caught.
    IP: 85.236.100.70 (default port).
    BBNET.UK is another great server.

+1 for the S18 Home of the Goats , play there most Sunday nights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thanks to this thread (and having ****ty X1300Pro for the moment) I've gone and re-installed BF2, will get the patches tonight and play 1.0 for the moment...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

..... Honestly were the best gaming days i ever had was BFV and BF2 with NRG and TIG. It is pretty sad its all gone now i suppose.

Or is it? Nothing stopping us getting some decent gameage going again. Pick a Friday night a few weeks from now, give peeps notice of what BF* game to have installed and get it organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Have it installed and give it a few games every so often. NRG has been gone since about the time most of the lads started Eve Online with me. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Need to buy a PC!!! did anyone win the lotto???

Research CPU and GFX card "Bang For Buck". You can build a really decent system today for a lot less than you could back in the day.

The new ATI cards, the 4850 being a great example, are great value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

get all the old 1st-IB lads goin with it some friday night.

I play the game every week or so but tends to be on my own on a random server, i know the rest of the clan are playing esl matches tho.

• Advertisement

Played on a few random servers last night. A good laugh. But it feels very clunky when compared to COD4 - visuals are still OK in most levels, but the accuracy with most guns is brutal, and requires single shot fire even at relatively close ranges...takes some getting used to after coming from COD4.

Just for your info I played it on an X1300Pro which costs about a measly 15 euro these days, 1600x1200 low-medium settings was fine. Got a 7800GTX off adverts for 20 euro and it arrived today, so can't wait to be able to play the game at proper settings again tonight. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Jesus Irsh Kami, how could one forget him. I met once down in Valdez cafe at a lan night and i think it was an hour before i realised it was him..he was soo quiet.
    Nelly i got myself an xbox 360 and for a while it catered for my needs, but you soon start comparing it to the pc and wished that you invested back in a pc.

I still have my old pc and in it is a nvidia 6800. I bought Brothers in arms Hells Highway and it runs grand on medium to high settings, and all bf series are excellent. But i don't think it could handle cod4 etc.

And yeah NRG died a long time ago. Honestly were the best gaming days i ever had was BFV and BF2 with NRG and TIG. It is pretty sad its all gone now i suppose.

fightin irish you sonofabitch! Long time no see... ;)
    Wholeheartedly agree the days of bfv were magic. Ive not played an online game since that captivated me that much. The heli wars, the all nighters playing Hue, ****in magic it was. BF2 was just a pile of **** compared to vietnam.
    Have to say for all his mouthin out of him, Kamikaze was one of the best players i ever saw at that game

0ubliette wrote: »
    fightin irish you sonofabitch! Long time no see... ;)
    Wholeheartedly agree the days of bfv were magic. Ive not played an online game since that captivated me that much. The heli wars, the all nighters playing Hue, ****in magic it was. BF2 was just a pile of **** compared to vietnam.
    Have to say for all his mouthin out of him, Kamikaze was one of the best players i ever saw at that game

Kami was a nut job but he was a good man in a heli!!!!!

Big Nelly wrote: »
    Kami was a nut job but he was a good man in a heli!!!!!

Not as good as Fli in a heli tho ;)

TiG ruled at BFv. Had some great games and some serious all out arguments with you lads. LOL. We should get two teams of 8 together some night and play a few wars, for old times sake. I know a good lot of the TiG lads still play BFV quite often.

The flame wars on here used to be hilarious :D
    Ill still never forget when NRG managed to beat TiG in a coupel of rounds on BF2. We won the opening round and ill never forget the ****ing roar that went up over the vent server :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

It can't be denied that this forum died a horrendous death since Bfv. Bf2 didn't really create the hype that went on here i think.

And hello to you too 0ubliette. What was your in game name? Don't seem to remember your boards name:o

BF2 was pretty popular here forum used to be fairly busy, used to be a lot of boards games on the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Ahh it's not dead. People have just been distracted by the release of new games, they will come flooding back to bf2. ;) It's still my main game atm, and I haven't bothered with 2142 in the last 2 months or so.

The flame wars on here used to be hilarious :D
    Ill still never forget when NRG managed to beat TiG in a coupel of rounds on BF2. We won the opening round and ill never forget the ****ing roar that went up over the vent server :D

You must have changed your name?? cant remember you! yeah the flame wars where great fun!! remember one BFV Tig v NRG! NRG included myself where helded up in a building! place was been blowned to pieces but we kept fighting on for ages!! was a great game!!!

• Advertisement

That was on QT 1972 if I recall. We had a kick arse tactic for that map. I played some bfv there last friday night, rusty as hell but was soon getting a decent KDR again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

hey guys,long time no see or kill :D.

havent been online much since moving to the states but just thought i would look around the forum to see whats going on and it seems dead as a dodo.

good to see all the old names still around though,i see rev was talking about mabey running a bfv server which if i wasnt stuck on dial up here i would jump on in a heart beat.
    if i get dsl in here ill defo be up for a bfv night of fun.mabey even a good old tig/nrg battle again.

i loved bfv the fun aspect in it was great,when bf2 came out it was totaly different and buggy as hell i would safely say thats why i lost interest in it,i know im not alone on that one though.

any ways been good to see all the old names and all,but i got to get to work here so have fun

sobe aka : FLI

SoBe wrote: »
    hey guys,long time no see or kill :D.

havent been online much since moving to the states but just thought i would look around the forum to see whats going on and it seems dead as a dodo.

good to see all the old names still around though,i see rev was talking about mabey running a bfv server which if i wasnt stuck on dial up here i would jump on in a heart beat.
    if i get dsl in here ill defo be up for a bfv night of fun.mabey even a good old tig/nrg battle again.

i loved bfv the fun aspect in it was great,when bf2 came out it was totaly different and buggy as hell i would safely say thats why i lost interest in it,i know im not alone on that one though.

any ways been good to see all the old names and all,but i got to get to work here so have fun

sobe aka : FLI

Well knock me up mama..it's Fli. Long long time m8. How the hell are ya. Oops sry just pm me ya whore!!

Fli ya fecker, you finally made it over to the states eh? Good to see ya about again :D

Fli ya fecker, you finally made it over to the states eh? Good to see ya about again :D

who are you again :D

who are you again :D

kamikaze of course... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yes you might just want to get a console. I got one to play BF bad company and love the game. Still bf2 aint dead there are pleanty of servers out there and 2142 aint half bad either.

BTW it was me who baught your games off ya way back when, I still have em and play em all too.

Yes you might just want to get a console. I got one to play BF bad company and love the game. Still bf2 aint dead there are pleanty of servers out there and 2142 aint half bad either.

BTW it was me who baught your games off ya way back when, I still have em and play em all too.

hahahaha, at least they went to a good home! would hate to have seen them thrown out!! any chance you will sell them back? if I remember right you got a bargain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yes I did. Actually perhaps we can help each other out a little. Ill send you a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Yes I did. Actually perhaps we can help each other out a little. Ill send you a PM.

Jesus lads, keep it clean.

I'll hopefully be moving soon to somewhere that actually has broadband, and hopefully I won't be sharing with a houseful of torrenters so I might actually get to play again.
    I'm pretty sure I'll suck like never before but I've really, really missed being able to play.
    In fact I'm sure I'll just move me and my pc and forget the rest of my stuff.
    Especially if I end up back in the 6+ hours a day habit I had.

Advertisement