Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Micra Lock Problem - repair needed?

Options
  • 31-10-2008 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place, so if not, my apologies.

I've got an 03 Nissan Micra. It's a keyless lock. There's a small key symbol on the passenger side door handle though, which would lead me to believe that perhaps there's an emergency key opening in there. (If anyone could confirm that, that'd be great!).

Anyway, a short while ago, I noticed that the part of the handle which stays stuck to the door (I'll put up a generic pic if I can, and take a proper ick of my own car later) was loose. Maybe someone tried to break in. It seems to have gotten a lot looser now, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to get it fixed or someone's going to end up breaking into my car. Can't find a pic, so I'll try to explain until I take one myself. The handle is a few inches long. The last inch of the handle is part of the car door, and doesn't move when you open the door.

Has anyone ever had this happen before? If so, where did you get it sorted, and have you a rough idea of cost? It's lousy timing coming up to my birthday and christmas, but it'll have to be done...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Pensive

I have exactly the same problem - I have noticed red paint marks on the handle - I think someone with a red people mover brushed the handle as they were parking.

Either way the entire lock mechanism just pulls out of the door now!!! Anyone got any info?

Advertisement