Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blues music video

• 31-10-2008 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi, I'm a video artist in Limerick who would really like to meet people heavily influenced by Rory Gallagher (and other blues musicians) to make a video with. I'm passionate about this type of music myself. It's a great opportunity and a chance to be heard. I'm willing to travel. This is not nessesarily for a person who is establishing a music career or a band it's open to anyone willing to create something.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭Rigsby

I'm not sure exactly what kind of video you want to make. Do you want to record bands playing blues or would it be a documentary type video.

Can you elaborate a little more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 vindaloo

Hey, first of all thanks a million for your reply, it's hard to find people for these sort of things. I have an idea, but I have a feeling it might change when I get to know the person I'm working with. For now I'd like some footage of a guy playing traditional American music in a very Irish rural setting that looks like it could be from any typical photo or Western film. I'm looking for similarites but both ways of life. The song will be important, and it would be one that you personally enjoy playing or one that you think you play particularly well. I want to address religion, lonliness, isolation like the darker stuff by Robert Johnson, Too Much Alcohol is cool too. Maybe you have one that really hits home when you play? Thanks again, from Laura

I'd be interested in hearing original stuff too of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭The Paulinator

Hi, I play in a blues band, we'd be interested in this.
    Is it acoustic blues you're mainly looking for?
    We play a few Robeert johnson and Rory Gallagher numbers already, or we could learn something specific for you.
    We're based in Dublin.

hi, thanks for your reply, i'll come along to your next gig or maybe rehearsal, do you have one coming up?

• Advertisement
Advertisement