Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Groomers in Portlaoise

Options
  • 31-10-2008 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone know of any good and reasonably priced dog groomers in Portlaoise? Not looking for anything fancy or anything, the mutts have gotten a bit unkempt (i.e wild looking) lately and could do with a proper short back and sides. Cheers :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

Petmania opens soon, they may have groomer there.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Hi ADSER. I see on the other thread you are from esker hills. Lot of dogs in this estate. You might have seen me or my girlfriend walking our miniature schnauzer.
    What breed do you have?
    Vetcare is the petshop on the timahoe road and they do a grooming service. The staff are friendly and professional. The little petshop in pepperslane(beside the BOI) does a grooming service on a thursday and for 30-35 euro it is probably the cheapest around.
    For a top quality job you can go out to dogs delight near mountmellick. She charges 55 euro and does a great job but be warned she has a lot more in common with dogs than people.
    If all that fails the back of the leinster express has classified section for all your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭molliesassy

'Paws' grooming and kennels in Ballycarrol is very good. Run by a girl called Aine. Costs about €45 and she does a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

Thanks for the replies everyone, sorry for only getting back now! I might see how much petmania charge when they open or else I'll go to petshop beside B.O.I. Not looking for anything fancy, just a trim. Anyone any idea when Petmania opens? Hopefully it'll sell useful stuff at reasonable prices rather than overpriced dog jumpers!!!!

Hello Bicky, to be honest I havn't seen you or your girlfriend but generally, with the weather we've been having lately, when I'm walking the dogs I keep my head down! Myself and the girlfriend have a big bear of an American Akita and 2 cavalier king charles that have more in common with cats than dogs cos theyre so lazy. Obviously it's the 2 latter ones that need a haircut. We normally do it ourselves but they've gotten very messy looking lately so we decided it's about time they got a decent trim, then we can continue to maintain it ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Petmanin opened last wed and they have an intro offer of half price grooming if you book beofer a certain date. Might be worth checking out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 schtajjn

I have used both VETCARE and Petmania for the grooming of my dogs and I can honestly say that I will NEVER bring them back to Petmania.

I left my Bichon Frise there to be groomed and specifically said "Do NOT shave her " . Needless to say I was met by a completely shaved dog upon my return. I was furious ! I believe that if my dog was so badly matted she had to be shaved (which she wasnt!!) they should have phoned me before toucing her at all. I know that Grace in VETCARE makes sure to contact the owners if the dogs need to be shaved, and any owner appreciates that kind of phonecall, especially us with breeds that are supposed to be trimmed a specific way.

Dione Fitzpatrick is a lovely girl, with great experience of both dogs and grooming, and she was won the IPDGA handstripping class in 2002. I have not yet used her services as I normally do the grooming myself these days, but I can imagine that she will do a great job !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 clare1

adser53 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Anyone know of any good and reasonably priced dog groomers in Portlaoise? Not looking for anything fancy or anything, the mutts have gotten a bit unkempt (i.e wild looking) lately and could do with a proper short back and sides. Cheers :D

Hi you could try Alfie's Pooch Parlour in Portlaoise Tel: 086 1037352

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

clare1 wrote: »
    Hi you could try Alfie's Pooch Parlour in Portlaoise Tel: 086 1037352
    You know this thread is TWO YEARS old now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Zombie thread resurrection! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 clare1

Zombie thread resurrection! :pac:
    I know, i put into google 'dog grooming laois' and boards.ie came up for this thread:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement