Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI Cup Final

• 31-10-2008 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

23rd November at RDS Dublin

Should be a cracker between 2 great teams, Derry City and league champions Bohemians from Dublin.

Anyone know how tickets are selling? 18000 capacity, hopefully it will be packed for a great occasion like the national cup final.

Promises to be a great day out for any football supporters about Dublin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

More than a MONTH beofrehand?

I hope Bohs don't do the double.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Des wrote: »
    You just couldn't bear it, could you? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Gareth37

More than a MONTH beofrehand?

Derry have a good record against Bohs so it should be close at least. Its an interesting tie. Both play attractive passing football so it should be good to watch. Derry should bring 8000-10,000?

Gareth37 wrote: »
    2nd December at RDS Dublin
    http://www.eircomloi.ie/other-competitions/fai-cup/2008-season/fixtures/

loi.ie has it down for November 23.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Its on the 23rd of November

Bohs have won the coin toss and will be wearing Red and Black and Derry shall be in out Blue and White Argentina style away top. :D

• Advertisement

SectionF wrote: »
    You just couldn't bear it, could you? :D
    Meh,

Its on the 23rd of November

Bohs have won the coin toss and will be wearing the Red and Black and Derry shall be in out Blue and White Argentina style away top. :D
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

One of those games where you wish EUFA would make it possible for both teams to lose.

Might pop along if I'm not away that weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Think it could be another cracker like 2006.

Two of the top teams at the moment. IMO, this Bohs side is one of the best sides I've ever seen in the league (I've been going since '01).

Derry haven't even conceded a goal against Bohs this year and they are the cup kings these days.

Think it could be another cracker like 2006.

Two of the top teams at the moment. IMO, this Bohs side is one of the best sides I've ever seen in the league (I've been going since '01).

Derry haven't even conceded a goal against Bohs this year and they are the cup kings these days.

I cannot imagine too many goals in it but it should be good none the same. Hopefully it will be packed and the elements don't destroy it.

Its an interesting match since Derry have a good record against Bohs but Bohs are a very good passing side with a lot of talent. It could be a draw after 90 minutes which would make it very exciting in extra time. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I shall be at the Final as always, like the last 5 years. Some reason I always go, probably because I can walk to Lansdowne and the RDS in 20 odd minutes is the turn on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

When are tickets going on sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Now that I think about it, Derry are a very funny side.

They haven't conceded a goal to Bohs in three games this year but we've beaten them twice. :confused:

Right now, I'd be backing Derry to win it.

Now that I think about it, Derry are a very funny side.

They haven't conceded a goal to Bohs in three games this year but we've beaten them twice. :confused:

Right now, I'd be backing Derry to win it.
    Team comparison
    We haven't had much joy against them for quite a bit, but the point we took from the Brandywell in July was a key moment in the championship run cakewalk.

This Bohs team never plays well unless challenged, and has a point to prove against Derry, so I'd say we can expect a different level of performance this time out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

I hope Derry win this - as the FAI can't strip B*hs of the cup for cheating on the wage cap like they are likely to do with the league, I think Derry would be better equipped to compete in Europe than a bankrupt first division B*hs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I hope Derry win this - as the FAI can't strip B*hs of the cup for cheating on the wage cap like they are likely to do with the league, I think Derry would be better equipped to compete in Europe than a bankrupt first division B*hs.

And here we go again.

Better start a new cup final thread in a couple of weeks!

There have been a lot of draws between the sides.

Derry are playing poor at present and are probably suffering from fatigue since they don't have anywhere near a big of squad as Bohs. But Derry can cause problems.

The main thing is that it should be a good cup final.

Ive not heard much on the Bohs bankruptcy rumours recently. Ive even heard that they are going to sign Jay O'Shea and Stuart Byrne and some Bray player? :confused:

There have been a lot of draws between the sides.

Derry are playing poor at present and are probably suffering from fatigue since they don't have anywhere near a big of squad as Bohs. But Derry can cause problems.

The main thing is that it should be a good cup final.

Ive not heard much on the Bohs bankruptcy rumours recently. Ive even heard that they are going to sign Jay O'Shea and Stuart Byrne and some Bray player? :confused:
    I've heard a lot of stuff on Bohs finances lately, but bankruptcy in 2009 hasn't featured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

yawn. Your like the local radio show KCLR on a sunday night, just never changes the record.

Apparently they have signed Owen Morrison from Derry :eek: or ex Derry as the story goes

Fenlon may have won a good few championships but he hasn't got an iota. Spend spend spend on average quality players

• Advertisement

Apparently they have signed Owen Morrison from Derry :eek: or ex Derry as the story goes

Fenlon may have won a good few championships but he hasn't got an iota. Spend spend spend on average quality players
    Who has Fenlon bought who is average?

Loads at Derry and Shels.

At Bohs, Breandan McGill, Anto Murphy and Gary deegan

:eek:

Are you seriously suggesting that Fenlon has only ever bought quality players.

The mind boggles tbh.

:eek:

Are you seriously suggesting that Fenlon has only ever bought quality players.

The mind boggles tbh.

Can you not just answer the question, when your mind is finished boggling?

I certainly wouldn't consider Gary Deegan to be average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

At Bohs, Breandan McGill, Anto Murphy

Agree
    Gary deegan

Disagree

Can you not just answer the question, when your mind is finished boggling?

I certainly wouldn't consider Gary Deegan to be average.

Greg O'Halloran

Advertisement