Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Republican Rant

Options
  • 31-10-2008 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭

A confirmed republican, with republicanism in his family history, gives his reasons for voting for Obama.

The whole article.

Aaaaand a couple of choice extracts.
    I honestly have no idea where to begin, or where I am, for that matter. Let's just pick something at random. How about that horrendous three word noun that has been force-fed to my cerebral cortex. Did somebody say "Joe the Plumber?"
    BAM! Sarah Palin!

Everyone together with me now....."What. The. ****." I have never been so insulted in my life.
    I voted for the one thing that has been categorically absent for as long as I can remember noticing: Reason. Anybody can latch on to policies and advance them blindly on faith alone, both sides of the aisle have demonstrated that for decades, but for the first time in my life I feel like I have a leader who would listen to an argument and actually change his position if he were wrong. Naive? Maybe. But what an inspiringly audacious Hope it is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Not bad. Good, even :D

A good read. Totally recommended.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Palin Joe. It says it all. Orange County California has voted Republican in lock-step for most presidential elections, but I've run into a few Republicans in coffeehouses that feel similar to this post, either voting for Obama, or more than likely not voting for either candidate.

Advertisement