Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witching Night Opinions?

Options
  • 31-10-2008 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what peoples opinions of witching night are?

From what iv seen the RVR PQs just dont work. Iv got 3 characters at 20 so iv been doing the Troll Crossing PQ. Order are dominating but the problem is that that PQ area ends just before the dest camp so they keep trying to fight from where there heros are and no kills count.

Also, whenever one side is close to winning, the other just doesnt bother any more, leaving the PQ stuck near completion.

I realise that this is a failing of the players but something should be in place to resolve the PQ if one side just quits. Possibly an objective in the middle that adds a kill to the side that controls it every 3 mins. This would also add a center point for the battle so everyone knows where the kills count. It would also be handy to see the PQ area on the map.

I hope it isnt like this on the other tiers.

1 other thing. The PQ loot is all over the place because there are so many people involved. The people who are in the top 5 only have a small chance of getting something good.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Just wondering what peoples opinions of witching night are?

From what iv seen the RVR PQs just dont work. Iv got 3 characters at 20 so iv been doing the Troll Crossing PQ. Order are dominating but the problem is that that PQ area ends just before the dest camp so they keep trying to fight from where there heros are and no kills count.

Also, whenever one side is close to winning, the other just doesnt bother any more, leaving the PQ stuck near completion.

I realise that this is a failing of the players but something should be in place to resolve the PQ if one side just quits. Possibly an objective in the middle that adds a kill to the side that controls it every 3 mins. This would also add a center point for the battle so everyone knows where the kills count. It would also be handy to see the PQ area on the map.

I hope it isnt like this on the other tiers.

1 other thing. The PQ loot is all over the place because there are so many people involved. The people who are in the top 5 only have a small chance of getting something good.

Requiring PvP kills in the RvR lakes has proven to be a mistake, if one side is outnumbered they simply don't participate. An event specific scenario would have worked much better, with even sides, and the promise of renown gain regardless, people would have happily gone for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Spear wrote: »
    Requiring PvP kills in the RvR lakes has proven to be a mistake, if one side is outnumbered they simply don't participate. An event specific scenario would have worked much better, with even sides, and the promise of renown gain regardless, people would have happily gone for it.

And that would lead back to the problem of a in-balance in the server population which has yet to rectify. A big problem in a game which is centrally balanced around RVR pvp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

It should be a PQ on a battleground. I have one of those masks, they are good for nothing.

Advertisement