Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bugatti Veyron Convertible!!!!

Options
  • 31-10-2008 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

bugatti_veyron_convertible.jpg

What does everyone think...

If you had a choice between hartop or convertible what would you take?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

That makes about as much sense as an open-cockpit business jet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

having the roof down MUST make some difference in speed especially at 250mph... interesting to see if they ever have it on top gear!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Did Top Gear ever actually have the Veyron for a full test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Did Top Gear ever actually have the Veyron for a full test?

No, only for the few days of the race. But if you look at the clip for the coming season you'll see a brief glance at a white one on what looks like the track. Maybe they managed to get one!!

On the convertable - pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Doesn't look to good either bit of a fat ass on it. It's not really the prettiest car in the world to begin with but I love it for what it is. I'd be afraid top speed would rip the eyeballs out of your head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Biro wrote: »
    No, only for the few days of the race. But if you look at the clip for the coming season you'll see a brief glance at a white one on what looks like the track. Maybe they managed to get one!!
    They got one for the race and May did a high speed run to run it at full speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I read an article in Top Gear magazine in september, where they covered the launch of this. Apparently there's nowhere to put the roof when you take it off, so you have to leave it at home!

But it gets better... You get an UMBRELLA that clips in where the roof should be!

I'll see if I can find a link to the article.

[edit] Couldn't find a link to the article, but found a video of it! http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/21/video-the-bugatti-grand-sports-umbrella-roof-in-action/[/edit]

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

what do ye all mean pointless!! :eek: it's the ultimate posing machine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

The silly colour scheme reminds me of a upmarket mp3 player, a Sony one or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Would take a hardtop version over that every time!

• Advertisement
Advertisement