Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Games and firewalls

Options
  • 31-10-2008 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to put this, but ill pop it up anyway!

Anyway just wondering whats the most friendly firewall for online games thats out there at the mo ?

Now i know any firewall can be config to allow different ports different acces but im wondering what firewalls require the minium amount of work to setup for most online games?

I loved the comodo firewall (and still do), it was great but dam annoying when it came to online games it blocked everything i tired to put though. even when i allowed it access.

So just wondeing what do people use?
    thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I use zonealarm.

First time a game tries to access the internet, box pops up, agree to it and that's sorted. Unless you patch it, then you'll need to do it again.

Only problem is sometimes when a game launches full screen and doesn't like losing the focus to zonealarm behind it, causes a crash now and then.

Advertisement