Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help!im new!

Options
  • 31-10-2008 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

alrite guys?im looking to get into this!mostly as a bit of fun!some target shooting ect.was thinking about getting a pistol?good to start with?completly new so have no idea of legal isues, liecences?ect....any help apreciated! cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Turncoat

Hey man welcome to airsoft. I would get an electric airsoft gun(AEG) first if I were you. There are a lot of stickies in the getting started thread which would answer majority of your queries. Unlike paintball airsoft guns do not require any license provided they are under the 1 joule limit or fire at a speed less than 328 feet per second. I would recommend buying from an Irish retailer as opposed to getting your AEG from overseas.

Before choosing an AEG visit one of the skirmish sites after you have booked a rental. Purchase your AEG based on what you find most comfortable after trying other players equipment which everyone would be willing to let you use.

On another note the most important things are eye protection and decent footwear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

as above
    we all welcome a new player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

cos!! wrote: »
    alrite guys?im looking to get into this!mostly as a bit of fun!some target shooting ect.was thinking about getting a pistol?good to start with?completly new so have no idea of legal isues, liecences?ect....any help apreciated! cheers!

Some of the stickies have information about some of the common sense stuff too; only play in official airsoft skirmishing sites, don't display your equipment anywhere in public (even your back garden is a bad idea, if people can see into it) and as WhyDave says, some basic safety equipment is essential. Retailers can help you, there are a few walk-in stores about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

Welcome to airsoft!

good luck,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

Welcome to the wonderful world of airsoft!:D:D:D Prepare your bank account for a serious beating and some of the best caric of your life, now it's time for the traditional newbie paddling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sean.carolan100

Keggers wrote: »
    Welcome to the wonderful world of airsoft!:D:D:D Prepare your bank account for a serious beating and some of the best caric of your life, now it's time for the traditional newbie paddling!

Ahahahahaha.................classic . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭cos!!

haha!!cheers for all the info and welcomes!!sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

this is great, still pretty much a newb myself and i still get to welcome someone else into the community!!!

quick note when picking your first gun, THINK AHEAD!!! dont buy something and then be annoyed later on when you find out how hard it is to get mags for the thing (I know how annoying it is). there are other things too like if you want a scope or m203 your gonna need rails. before you get the gun, look for reviews EVERYWHERE!!! here is a great place to find out if antones had any problems with the gun.

never wrote a longer reply on this before!!!:cool:

Advertisement