Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QCA - Confused!

Options
  • 31-10-2008 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Does anyone understand how QCA works when in 3rd and 4th year. I hear that the final two years are 'double weighted' or something. I looked it up in the student handbook, and see that 3rd and 4th year has a factor of 2 in comparison to 1 in 2nd year. Can anyone explain how this works in practice? The examples are fairly unclear in the student handbook as it brings Erasmus placements and stuff into the equation. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

The weighting changes from course to course, but what it was for my course (com eng) was that 2nd, 3rd and 4th year semester weightings had a ratio of 1:2:3, respectively. Bearing in mind 3rd year for me was a single semester, so since that single semester was weighted twice as much as the 2nd year semesters, 2nd and 3rd year (as years, not semesters) ended up weighing the same. Hope that doesn't confuse you!

As for erasmus... no idea

Advertisement