Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung NC10

• 31-10-2008 6:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Elara would be much better to buy from. Based in dublin aswell.

Laptops Direct price will increase aswell, the last time i ordered they charged in Sterling so it was ~5% more expensive. They also charge extra if you use a Credit Card to order, and delivery is more expensive.

I would say Elara all the way, also heard good things about the Samsung.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Ordered from dabs 2 days ago, other shops ( apart laptopsdirect.ie ) just taking orders and don't have them in stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Elara: Kin

We are getting the Windows version in white in tomorrow. 10 coming in stock and you can come in to collect... just so you guys know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

laptopsdirect are now doing the nc10 @ 368 euro! not bad if u dont get a dodgy one..

Still selling at 17.5% vat I see... can't believe those cowboys are still doing that. They are only €10-€20 cheaper than more legit companies and considering they charge in Sterling you will very likely lose a good chunk of your saving from the currency conversion on your card.

Buy from us, Dabs, Komplett... it does not matter. Just don't buy from these jokers. They are universally despised in the industry for their trading methods and standards.

Hi, yeah i have heard a few stories..i wouldnt like to buy off them and have something go wrong...

anyway when will you guys have either the black or blue one? i think the while is a little but girly thats all..

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Hi, yeah i have heard a few stories..i wouldnt like to buy off them and have something go wrong...

anyway when will you guys have either the black or blue one? i think the while is a little but girly thats all..

No black or blue in this shipment unfortunately, we will be sure to grab some on the next one. Don't want to give you guys some made up date now so I will let you guys know as soon as I do.

• Advertisement

Yes it will be up at about lunchtime tomorrow.

Quick one for those that want black, spoke to Samsung and they are going to try release some held stock for us. Will let you guys know as soon as I get some.

No Blacks... have to wait for next shipment. :(

i could be tempted to go for a white one..but my misus hasa white eee pc 701 and i feel like my masculinity is being challenged while im using it...any view on the white nc10, can a manly guy get away with this or is that pushing it!?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭valdigre

I can see the white one is on the list, but the delivery date (real time check) says it will be in December.
    Is it in stock cause I would like to order it and collect it even today, if it is possible :D

think ill go for a white one so..when can they be picked up from Elara..and why is the white one 15 euro more expensive than the other 2 colours?? RRP is 399, and people expect it cheaper than this online not more expensive!

When the stock goes up I will get the prices changed to match the blue & black price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Has any one managed to get their hands on one of these yet and what are the first impressions ?

I know one has been collected for sure by someone here yesterday, 3 hours after it came in. :D

Kin..can one be both ordered and collected today? Can you supply a VAT invoice?

Havnt bought online before , the only thing that has me slightly worried is the notice on ur site about pixel tollerence or something like that..saying that ,so if there is a dead pixel it still may not be regarded as faulty?

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Kin..can one be both ordered and collected today? Can you supply a VAT invoice?

Havnt bought online before , the only thing that has me slightly worried is the notice on ur site about pixel tollerence or something like that..saying that ,so if there is a dead pixel it still may not be regarded as faulty?

Yes you can order one for collection today, VAT invoice will be generated and you can download it online a few days after.

The dead pixel tollerence is something everyone employs not us. Manufacturers have their own guidelines but they all have to comply with the ISO 13406-2 as standard as a minimum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Was going to buy an eeepc this weekend but leaning towards this now after checking out the specs and price.. Any idea when exactly the next shipment of blacks will be in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Galego

I am also interested in the black. Is there an exact date for it to be realesed?

End of this week I was told...

I'll hold out a little bit longer so.. pity you can never get what you want straight away when you have the cash, now to not spend it :P

Kin,

The black has disappeared from your website since this morning. Is that bad news or good news?

Would love to hear you guys are guaranteed to have it within this week. I can't wait to get it.

• Advertisement

Don't worry about it being off the website, usually means it is getting ready to be allocated in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

With the 2Gb ram upgrade can the video ram be upgraded to 224mb like theAdvent 4211/msi wind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jezza10

Hi!

Did anyone order from dabs? I ordered a black one last week and they advised it would be sent on the 13th. Ive just logged into my account to cancel and order from PC World or Currys cos they now have them and dabs says it has shipped!! But Im not convinced. Not sure what to do now.

Guess I need to be patient lol!!

Black NC10s just landed in the UK for shipment to UK and Irish resellers. Yes we get the same batch as Dabs so I am assuming Dabs would have them as well.

I will keep you guys updated at the moment as there is a bit of a fight for them at the moment and the big guys are trying to pull their weight to take all the stock from us.

All thing going as planned we should really have them tomorrow as planned, fingers crossed.

Kin Mak wrote: »
    Black NC10s just landed in the UK for shipment to UK and Irish resellers. Yes we get the same batch as Dabs so I am assuming Dabs would have them as well.

I will keep you guys updated at the moment as there is a bit of a fight for them at the moment and the big guys are trying to pull their weight to take all the stock from us.

All thing going as planned we should really have them tomorrow as planned, fingers crossed.

Kim,

How is the battle going?

Keep us posted on any news.

Cheers,
    David

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

My daughter was amazed that battery lasted for bout 7 hours, she loves samsy. Some discomfort she's having from the keybaoard, she could figure out how to switch it properly and not to use function keys so often. Othervise it's brilliant one, delivery took 3 working days from ordering to handing for user.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jezza10

Thanks very much for that info! That's more info than I can get from dabs so fingers crossed I might get mine in the next couple of days! Good luck to everyone else trying to track one of these down.

If you want to chat about NC10 stuff check out this little Samsung NC10 community site. Disclosure - its my site! Hope I can get away with posting the link :o. To be honest the site isn't going to get very far if I can't actually get one of these babies! It may end up a blog about my efforts to track one down lol! I guess that could be interesting in itself ;)!

Cheers.

Edit: just had despatch email - its on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sian

Hi, where can I buy the samsung nc10 in a store, rather than off the net? Elera, where are you guys based if i do buy and online and pick up. Thanks

I am sorry to say that we are not getting any tomorrow, only one undisclosed reseller got over 400 units. More hitting the U.K. on Friday but at this moment I don't really want to promise anything.

I understand a few of you guys are a bit annoyed at me but I really do share your fustration and I had been trying my hardest to get some today.

I will let you guys know any info as soon as I get it.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭oleary91

Im thinkong of getting this laptop..If I bought windows vista would I be able to install it onto it or would ye recommend leaving it with xp??

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭sian

if I get an iphone the apps on it will tide me over til christmas before I get a portable netbook. Does anyone know if there's any other models worth waiting for coming for December? or even a bit later? Thanks.

Also, can anyone tell me if there's a Windows version of Acer aspire one? only seen Linux versions online so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Let me have a guess. That undisclosed company which got over 400 units of the black NC10 is called......** World! Did I get it right? Because they seem to have LOADS of them available on their site.

They actually would not tell me who got them, but I thew a sh1t fit at my Samsung account manager just after end of business and he is going to try sort something for us. I will keep you all posted.

Damn white ones are sold out as well now.

IrishHomer, you linked the Aspire One? :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Could be. A poster a few posts back said they had loads, but pixmania dont seem to have it from what I can see (despite galego's post) and they are owned by dsg (who own pc world). If pc world had it, I assume pixmania would have it.

Could be. A poster a few posts back said they had loads, but pixmania dont seem to have it from what I can see (despite galego's post) and they are owned by dsg (who own pc world). If pc world had it, I assume pixmania would have it.

PcWorld.co.uk seems to have them available to order online. I was assuming that perhaps PcWorld.ie could perhaps get few of those too but a friend of mine who works for them told me that they are like 2 different companies when comes to ordering and having things in stock.

Kin,

I keep my faith in you guys. Hope you can sort something out soon. I'll wait for you guys to have it in stock.
    If the worst comes to the worst how long do you think it could take until you could get a smell at the black ones?

They actually would not tell me who got them, but I thew a sh1t fit at my Samsung account manager just after end of business and he is going to try sort something for us. I will keep you all posted.

Damn white ones are sold out as well now.

IrishHomer, you linked the Aspire One? :confused:

Are you guys not getting more whites this week?

By the way, Curries also seems to have the blacks in stock and ready to order.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Galego wrote: »
    PcWorld.co.uk seems to have them available to order online. I was assuming that perhaps PcWorld.ie could perhaps get few of those too but a friend of mine who works for them told me that they are like 2 different companies when comes to ordering and having things in stock.

When it comes to new stuff generally the uk gets it first and ireland gets it when more stock becomes available. That seems to be changing a bit now though.

When it comes to new stuff generally the uk gets it first and ireland gets it when more stock becomes available. That seems to be changing a bit now though.

Still dont understand why PcWorld.co.uk would not ship to Ireland! Though they ship to the North. Hope things change because it is like they do not care about a 5 Million market.

Really wish this would just hurry up and come out already... Can only find it in White online or in any shops :(

Kin Mak hope things pull together anyway because I am hoping to order from you guys.

Brimmy wrote: »
    Really wish this would just hurry up and come out already... Can only find it in White online or in any shops :(

Kin Mak hope things pull together anyway because I am hoping to order from you guys.

The white is well available. I saw it yesterday in Curries at Blanch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement