Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chickens - Chronic Respiratory Disease

Options
  • 31-10-2008 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering, those of you with chickens, did you cull yours when they got ill with the above mentioned condition or treat them?

I did not realise that two hens I bought had the above condition, they spread it to the rest of my hens. It only cost 24 euro today in the vet, he gave me enough Baytril for the flock.

Also, would love to know, those of you with hens, do you notice much illness?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ARKMAN

HI THERE
    HOW DO YOU ADMINISTER THE BAYTRIL:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

I got a prescription of Baytril for my flock from the vet.

He gave it to me in syringes but I was only able to administer it to the weak one through the mouth.

Alternatively, I put the right amount of Baytril on a small piece of bread. I then made sure that they all got a little piece when they came out in the morning. Much easier than trying to catch them.

Advertisement