Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flashing Xbox this Xmas

• 31-10-2008 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Ok as the title suggest im thinking of flashing my xbox this weekend and i was wondering should i wait a bit for the fall update to come out first before i should do it or go head first into it..I was also wondering will i get banned on xbox live if i do flash it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

ibtl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ok as the title suggest im thinking of flashing my xbox this weekend and i was wondering should i wait a bit for the fall update to come out first before i should do it or go head first into it..I was also wondering will i get banned on xbox live if i do flash it.
    Yes, you'll probably get banned if you do it wrongly. Also, read here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=155577

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭BCawley

As raiser has said above.
    This site should give you everything you should possibly need

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

In before the lock as well!!!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Finbarr1989

I know someone that can do it for me and he would install ixtreme 1.4...the problem is...should i wait for another month or so because 1.5 might be just around the corner when the new update comes out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Damn it I thought they were releasing an Xbox that flashes this Christmas (like Christmas tree lights). So very disappointed.

Why would the thread be locked? Becuase he didn't post in the modding sticky? There's no rule against discussing this here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,975 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

OP depends how old your box is, if you bought it in the last 6 months don't bother it probably has the Liteon Drive in it which cannot be flashed check out xboxscene site for more info you can also get a good idea what drive is in your box from this site http://www.360drives.com/list Just check the back of your 360 for the lot number and type it in in the lot box click search and it will pull up what drive is in most of those drives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Wait for the update.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

If you are going to flsh your xbox give me a shout but id leave it a could of weeks to see what happens we might get 1.5 soon ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

If you flash your Xbox you will most likely get MAC banned from Xbox Live. Its not worth it really

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

If you flash your Xbox you will most likely get MAC banned from Xbox Live. Its not worth it really

The just change the mac address :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Cow Moolester

Lenny wrote: »
    The just change the mac address :D

On your 360? Please explain :) Each 360 has a uniquely identifying MAC Address. Once that's banned, you can't get back on Live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

LOL What get s you banned is keyvault is black listed. MAC addresses???? if that was the case it would be easy to get back on live.
    If you get banned buy a new 360 to play online and banned one for everything else. 169 euros in argos these days. Price of two expensive 360 games more or less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

ROC1977 wrote: »
    LOL What get s you banned is keyvault is black listed. MAC addresses???? if that was the case it would be easy to get back on live.
    If you get banned buy a new 360 to play online and banned one for everything else. 169 euros in argos these days. Price of two expensive 360 games more or less.

Can you still play on the xbox if its banned though? I thought it just locks you out full stop?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

dazftw wrote: »
    Can you still play on the xbox if its banned though? I thought it just locks you out full stop?

No, you can play on it still, just not online. You can put your hard drive into an unbanned console and play on live still. It bans your console, not your gamertag.

Advertisement