Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

downloading demos on xbox live?

• 31-10-2008 7:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭

Some of you may have seen my post on about getting connected to xbox live through 02 modem. Well it works a charm, just not through vista it seems you need windows xp.

Anyways im currently downloading a demo of pes2009 and was wondering can i still play a game on the xbox and have that downloading in the backround or will it automatically turn off if I start up a game?

If the xbox gets turned off will I have lost all the progress of the download aswell? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

You can turn it off, it will save the download progress automatically even if your connection to Live drops for whatever reason. You can play some games with downloads running in the background others stop it automatically, the 360 will tell you when this happens. You can't play online and have a download at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

You can also set it to download when you turn off the 360, it will continue downloading in low power mode and switch off once the download has completed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Just wondering can you only download demo's on xbox live?
    Like can you go on xbox.com,download your demo onto a usb key and put it on your xbox then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

AFAIK you can only D/L from the console.

Advertisement