Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

wheel bearings

Options
  • 31-10-2008 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭

how much would it cost for a wheel bearing on a punto mk2. also would a worn bearing be making a funny noise and stop if i press on the barke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,365 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

you would generally get a hum or a whine from a worn bearing. It will be related to wheel speed only and sometimes may change if you put pressure on the that wheel in a bend etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

ballpark, does anyone know how much a bearing costs. excluding labour.
    Ive been quoted €200 each to order 2 bearings not incl labour to fix them. Its a Ford focus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Thats bollocks
    Cheapest you could probably get them done 100-130 euro fitted.
    Some back street boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭(CH3)2CHOH

You can get the bearing for 30-35 euro, thats for a Stilo so the Punto should in the same ballpark.

It'll take about 1hr to fit, so if you know the labour rate you can work it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭KhanTheMan

Thats bollocks
    Cheapest you could probably get them done 100-130 euro fitted.
    Some back street boy

Its actually a main dealer. I thought he was having me on alright. Never going there again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

if its rear bearings you need which are the most common to go on a focus they are around 120 euro a side fitted including vat even for a main dealer that price you got was high

Advertisement