Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft Excel help

• 31-10-2008 9:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Was not fully sure where to post this. But i figure this is the best place.

Sorry for looking for help with this. Have tried getting this to work the past few days with no luck.
    I need to graph some figures off each other for a report that is due Monday.

Ive inserted the figures a number of times and cant get it to work out.

It needs to be a Two Y One x axis graph.
    I have tried a number of online tutorials and help function to no avail. I have a copy on graph paper but needs to be done on excel for the report. I could scan the graph to show what i was talking about if it is hard to understand.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

not sure what you mean... like this? see attached file

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Edser

Or like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Edser wrote: »
    Or like this?
    Hey man. Thanks for the reply.
    It would be a kind of hybrid between the both of them.
    il upload a scan in the next few mins to make it more clear.

Far from ideal scan. The graph paper really makes it hard to follow but the shape and layout should be visible

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Rigel

If you have 2 different types of data, say units and euros, and want 2 Y axes, then right click on the chart, select chart type, custom types (top right hand tab), scroll down and you will see some 2 axes options. I think this is what you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

reading again, this is the closest I can come up with... Oh, I've had enough fun for one night!:D

Edit: Sorry - just read last post (posted while I was writing) - and realised this is way off the mark...

Not to worry man. Il keep looking around the net anyway. If all fails i can always do it in Ms Paint with the Spray Can tool :P

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Edser

I can't see much from the scan but I 'think' you want a Secondary axis. Take a look at the attached.

Graph the two sets of data as normal

Right click on one of the lines in the graph and click 'Format Data Series'
    Click on the 'Axis' tab
    Choose 'Secondary Axis'
    Click OK

Ed

Edser wrote: »
    I can't see much from the graph but I 'think' you want a Secondary axis. Take a look at the attached.

Graph the two sets of data as normal

Right click on one of the lines in the graph and click 'FOrmat Data Series'
    Click on the 'Axis' tab
    Choose 'Secondary Axis'
    Click OK

Ed
    That looks pretty close alright.
    I just added in a third data line to it and i think i will be able to work it out from there.
    Thank you very much for your help "Edser" , "figs" and "rigel".

Neil

Advertisement