Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is there anything Mick Foley wont do for money?

• 31-10-2008 9:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

The answer is no:
    Terry Funk shared some fun Mick Foley stories during an interview with About.com. "Well, Mick’s a little bit crazy," Funk said. "I remember when we were in Japan, he went ahead and this one Japanese guy came up to me. He said, 'Oh, Lookey here.' He’s got his clothes on but he’s got Mick Foley’s underwear on.

"I said, 'Where did you get those?' He said, 'Mick Foley, he sell to me.' Hell, Mick sold him his underwear for 3,000 yen, $20 or $30 bucks or something like that. That was Mick. He was always looking to make a buck." To read the full interview, visit Prowrestling.About.com.

Comments

In fairness, If someone offered me $30 for my underwear..

Wasn't he pretty badly paid back then, though?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Im not going to touch that KKV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Go on..
    :p

Anywho..

The thread should be called
    Is there anything Mick Foley woULDn't have done for money?

Good ol Mick :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Foley sold shirts after his death matches in Japan didn't he ? Poor bastard, his wife must've wanted to murder him for leaving WCW!!

his wife must've wanted to murder him for leaving WCW!!

The primary reason why he has over commericalised/whored himself out/became a human muppet is that he never wants to be where he was then financially.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    The primary reason why he has over commericalised/whored himself out/became a human muppet is that he never wants to be where he was then financially.

Post-WCW when he was doing independant bookings you mean ?

Post-WCW when he was doing independant bookings you mean ?

What else did you think I meant? I was replying to your comment of him leaving WCW. I dont see where your confusion comes from.

That's what I thought you meant, just a bit confused by your wording. Are you a fan of Foley's ? What did you think of his comeback matches that were on the Greatest Hits dvd ?

That's what I thought you meant, just a bit confused by your wording.

How thought he hardly "over commericalised/whored himself out/became a human muppet" in 1995 also the would has refers to an on going action.
    Are you a fan of Foley's ? What did you think of his comeback matches that were on the Greatest Hits dvd ?

All fine the Orton being the best. Watching them back to back exposes them as being very samey also he jobbed in all of them which has hurt his marketability.

Heh, Foley made a career in the WWF out of putting guys over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

A guy who slept in his car in the run up to his WWF championship win.

He's a complete tightwad and petty much says so in his autobiography.

Meh. Fair play to him for milking his fame. He's no worse than Hogan and the rest of them.
    At least he's entertaining.

Tightwad ? Never heard that word before.

I think he splashed out on the hotel for him and the family for the Royal Rumble 99. He's not as bad as Hogan, take that back. Foley doesn't have an MTV show, nor does his talentless daughter.

Terry wrote: »
    Meh. Fair play to him for milking his fame. He's no worse than Hogan and the rest of them.

Thing is that Mick cant do it the way others can. His act (not wrestling) is fairly transparent. He used to have the fair ****s to you appeal about him. But he as time has gone on he is actually his own biggest fan and enough people have copped on.

Thing is that Mick cant do it the way others can. His act (not wrestling) is fairly transparent. He used to have the fair ****s to you appeal about him. But he as time has gone on he is actually his own biggest fan and enough people have copped on.

He's become an egotist then you reckon ?

He's become an egotist then you reckon ?

He always was to an extent IMO, it is a trait shared among most if not all successful people. The fact he gravitied towards ROH and TNA at different points to get the pop from 1,000 people instead of the typical 20,000 people in his WWF heyday is telling.

It's a trait shared by many wrestlers more importantly I'd say. But at least his ego didn't dictate who he "won" or "lost" to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

It's a trait shared by many wrestlers more importantly I'd say. But at least his ego didn't dictate who he "won" or "lost" to.

From watching the third disc of his Greatest hits and misses DVD and heard his commentary with Joey Styles, he points out at beginning of his matches with both Orton and Edge at Mania 22(respectively) he felt as if the two were becoming very big and he wanted to give them a push by lending his name to their achievements.

So in a way, he did. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Rollercoasters are getting very expensive nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

DenMan wrote: »

ya........

Well that's subjective. Orton needed to be put over for him to get anywhere cause the IC belt just wasn't doing enough and HHH's sidekick didn't really work either.

As for Edge I never really bought into him being a main eventer, they did a great job in pushing him in the end. Maybe he didn't need that WM match, but it made him look good nonetheless. The table spot looked the business but the match I thought was fairly boring.

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »

that's a very cheap pop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

that's a very cheap pop

Thanks buddy. :) Wouldn't have it any other way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

To answer the question, there is one thing he wont do for money , let Vince yell at him over the headphones. Did anyone see that film Anamorph he was in.

To bad his loses meant less and less.

To answer the question, there is one thing he wont do for money , let Vince yell at him over the headphones.

There was a far bit more back story to than that.

Speaking of Mick Foley:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Mick Foley is a very intelligent man when it comes to politics. Booker's real voice is nothing like any voice he uses on TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

There was a far bit more back story to than that.

Speaking of Mick Foley:

thanks for the link

very interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Foley would give handjobs to randy lepers if he thought there was a few bob in it for him.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Foley would give handjobs to randy lepers if he thought there was a few bob in it for him.

So would Hulk Hogan but he wouldn't sell the cum shot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

So would Hulk Hogan but he wouldn't sell the cum shot
    Winner.

Mick Foley is a very intelligent man when it comes to politics. Booker's real voice is nothing like any voice he uses on TV.

AJ is a moron

Speaking of blood and Foley... what was the deal at the RR 99 with Foley's cut in his forehead ? On the Beyond the Mat video you see that skinny doctor working on his head before the match, looks like he was applying some glue maybe ?

It was a pretty nasty gash.

Advertisement