Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bonfires and fireworks thread

• 31-10-2008 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I just got home and as I got out the car I looked west towards Cork Road/Lisduggan direction and there is a massive fire and fireworks a go-go.

Overhead here its noisy to the north (the chavy part of Cherrymount ;) )

Mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

tell me about it....the dog is goin mental all night

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

Yeah been a busy night for emergancy services as per usual,least there wasnt to much trouble this side of the bridge. Plenty of bonfires all over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

mike65 wrote: »
    I just got home and as I got out the car I looked west towards Cork Road/Lisduggan direction and there is a massive fire and fireworks a go-go.

Overhead here its noisy to the north (the chavy part of Cherrymount ;) )

Mike

As I was coming back from practice in Ruby Studios last night around 7:30, there was a group of about 10 people down near the bridge setting off fireworks. Bit of a bonfire on the large green area behind the Laurel (?) part of Cherrymount too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Yeah lots of fireworks in Mount Pleasent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭luvlylady

Excellet set up at the bonfire in Ballybeg on Friday night, just down from Priory Lawn. There was a barrier in place around the fire and wooden sheets on the ground to stand on. When they lit the fire, a fireworks display began just behind it. It was very well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

fireworks cause numerous kids injuries every year, they should not be tolerated...
    it is terrible to see all these fireworks going off by kids and many parents know their kids have fireworks and yet every year we see the problems and injuries that occur because of them...
    they are banned for a reason, and we should repect that, or is this another law many people think that they know better and ignore it.

There were four or five guards at the bonfire in Ballybeg on Friday night enjoying the fireworks display. They didn't seem to have any problem with them.

more than likely they didn't want any trouble, so a blind eye is turned....

Or more than likely they liased with the people involved in the bonfire and fireworks and ensured the area was made safe for spectators, thus allowing for an enjoyable night that all the community could enjoy.

luvlylady wrote: »
    Or more than likely they liased with the people involved in the bonfire and fireworks and ensured the area was made safe for spectators, thus allowing for an enjoyable night that all the community could enjoy.

possibly, but legally they can't do that, fireworks have to be licenced for use, right or wrong thats the law. They would have turned a blind eye to it, because if they started confiscating fireworks, there could have been trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Last week in the north a young boy lost his hand from a firework

deisemum wrote: »
    Last week in the north a young boy lost his hand from a firework

One of many kids hurt by these explosives....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 DAN_H

there was absolute fuk all fireworks in tramore this halloween...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Pity nothing! Fireworks are weapons! Not for kids!

Pity nothing! Fireworks are weapons! Not for kids!

my thoughts exactly on that comment.

Advertisement