Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dvd/cd drives not working

• 31-10-2008 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

i have a benq dd dw1650 dvd burner (2006 ish)which fails to read cd's but dvds are okay and has up to date firmware???
    I have also what i think is a philps dvd burner (2003ish) which for some unkown reason is not recognized by the pc .
    it basically shows up as nothing in my computer and will not play anything even though it is connected up alright.
    Is it a case that these drives have a certain life span?
    is there any check or any software i can use to get these 2 drives up and working ?
    thanks
    john

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

What computer and OS are you using? did they work and now are broken or were they always not working correctly?
    If your dvd burner is telling you to update firmware then that is what you need to do, follow the link or find the website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

medion ms7012
    xp home service pack 3
    had a pioneer dvd burner drive all along plus a sony dvd player drive.
    replaced the dvd player drive with the benq dvd burner.
    is it bad for the pc to have 2 dvd burners onboard?
    thanks
    when i go into my computer on one drive icon is there, the benq ,which only reads dvds and not cds,wierd i know?!?
    j

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

The laser for a CD and DVD are different, its possible the laser for the cd has failed thus alllowing the drive to only read DVDs.

MC

Advertisement