Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog found in Clondalkin

Options
  • 31-10-2008 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Found a dog in Coragh Park Clondalkin tonight while out walking.
    Dog never left our side during the walk, looked a bit afraid of the fireworks.
    He is a medium size shaggy terrier cross, collar on but no name tag.

We are going to the vets in Clondalkin in the morning to see if he is chipped.

Have checked the lost & found website but no luck.

We can't keep him and was wondeing whats the next best step.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭clofty

Hi Niall,

It was very nice of you to pick the dog up - especially this time of year with the fireworks and everything.

You might give South Dublin County Council a buzz 4149000
    (Dog Warden Section). You never know someone may have phoned in looking for him.

Is it deffo a male dog? I was onto the council last week and they had a female terrier cross reported missing with a red collar from the Tallaght area.

It's also useful to phone around all the vets in the area.

Its worth a call anyway.

Also if you can get pictures up.

Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

ISPCA.ie lost and found section and Irishanimals.ie (although has been quite slow updating info lately). Free ad in the Evening Heralds lost and found too! Photos are always more helpful too than just a description!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Anniehoo - I don't know about publishing a photo ... not saying that there are, but they could be, some ill-intended people who could claim the dog. By giving some but not too many information, the person who found the dog can figure out better whether the caller is genuine ...
    OP - I hope you manage to find this poor little dog's owners ! Fair play to you for rescuing him. Best of luck!
    ValerieR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭molly(",)

have you tried clondalkin animal aid?? we found a pup last xmass and they took him very nice people!! 4592514 or 4594018 good luck !!

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Update,

Went to the Vet Clinic in Clondalkin Village to see if the dog is chipped.
    They have held onto the dog and the RSPCA will be collecting later.

Cathy,

Typo error the dog is a female and had a red collar. I rang the council about the missing dog in Tallaght but they knew nothing.
    Do you have any more info?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭clofty

Niall,

I have just PM'd you.

Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Was it the same dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Not the same dog, pity.

Advertisement