Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

manage 5 gb limit

Options
  • 01-11-2008 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭

iv vodafone broadband

my limit is 5gb

any program i can download to manage my internet usuage ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Try Net Meter. I'm surprised Vodafone haven't upped their download limit. O2 and 3 give customers 10gb (though 3 is so useless you'd be hard pushed to even manage 1gb a month but that's a whole different mega-thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,288 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Firetrap wrote: »
    Try Net Meter. I'm surprised Vodafone haven't upped their download limit. O2 and 3 give customers 10gb (though 3 is so useless you'd be hard pushed to even manage 1gb a month but that's a whole different mega-thread)
    thanks for the link mate ill try it out

ya its very strange from vodafone

i wonder why and is there any plans to up the limit

bit of a disgrace really

I'd pick up the phone and complain to them. If they thought they'd lose customers over it they wouldn't be long about upping it to 10gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Why have Voda no meter on there own site? Can't enforce a limit if the user doesn't know the amout they have downloaded.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

du meter was always good, there's a free trail afaik, but it's paid for after a month or something. still very good though and does everything you'd want it to.

• Advertisement

I'd pick up the phone and complain to them. If they thought they'd lose customers over it they wouldn't be long about upping it to 10gb.

cant see that working tbh

has anyone done this?

I'm not saying it will work but there's no harm in expressing your dissatisfaction to them. They're the most expensive of the mobile internets and have the lowest cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

i used to do use DUMeter alot.

I'm not saying it will work but there's no harm in expressing your dissatisfaction to them. They're the most expensive of the mobile internets and have the lowest cap.

im expecting a bill tomorrow

so its a good excuse to ring them

i would love a 10gb limit

3 is crap and only o2 edge in my area but vodafone dont know that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

though 3 is so useless you'd be hard pushed to even manage 1gb a month but that's a whole different mega-thread)

To be honest, I had VF Broadband when it first came out. I have just started with Three PAYG and its top-notch. Gr8 signal. Zero issues whatsoever. Never more delighted with a service. V cheap and good value. Haven't roamed with it and just outside an urban centre. But I like it. Vodafone 5gb was a feckin pain

• Advertisement

im expecting a bill tomorrow

so its a good excuse to ring them

i would love a 10gb limit

3 is crap and only o2 edge in my area but vodafone dont know that :)
    samhail--i used to do use DUMeter alot.

i downloaded that

thanks, working great

i contacted vodafone today and was told they will be upgrading the 5gb to 10gb no set time but they will be doing it

the customer care person sounded genuine

Advertisement