Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - November 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Just home from work and i seen a lot of frost still lingering.

Car never went above 0c all the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Gentle snow falling. Nothing enough to post on a forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Its now -0.4C here. It went below zero around 3:45pm.
    There's a breeze here, but its certainly not as windy as the 13mph currently at Dublin airport. Thats quite a breeze to have with a sub-zero temp! There'll be a penetrating air frost there if that keeps up!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

0.1C here and stuck, damn fog:pac:

Winds is blowing here a bit and is bitter out there i can also report. Shifted more into the NW too.
    Gusting upto 14mph which really strips the skin of you with these low temps tbh:eek:

Windchill just there of -5.2C

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

0.6c currently, it aint gonna go no higher from now on anyway :pac:

• Advertisement

just dipped below freezing here ( Though I thought it was warmer...nothing like mucking out a few calf houses for codding you into thinking it's warm...ye should try it ;) )

I am not expecting it to plummet below minus 4 though like it dis last night as theres a layer of cloud spreading in from the sea to the south and southeast.

Currently calm partly cloudy and -0.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Currently -0.5°C. Light breeze around, probably not going to be as cold as last night as a result but the frost is going to be really penetrating..if it would snow there would be a fantastic base now!!
    Not looking forward to my drive into work tomorrow night.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Quite a bit of cloud cover, and as above the hint of a breeze.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

-0.2C.

Don't think i have seen the the temp drop below freezing at this time in the afternoon since 2000.

mike65 wrote: »
    Quite a bit of cloud cover, and as above the hint of a breeze.

Mike

Yep , just checked out the satellite sequence and can see that moving into the south east. No precipitation in it ..hope it doesnt make much progress here..though I can see it to the south.
    -1.1°C here, I see MM appears to have moved to Antarctica though..

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

0.6c currently, it aint gonna go no higher from now on anyway :pac:

Seems I'm gonna have to eat my own words, temp now 0.8c, on the rise! Fog seems to have cleared off a little too, at least I can see the clouds in the sky now! 96%RH, 998.2mb and a DP of 0.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Seems I'm gonna have to eat my own words, temp now 0.8c, on the rise!

Reached a peak of 1.1c here a little while ago, now slowly dropping, down to 0.8c.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IKILKENN2

No sign of snow though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

max of 6.2C. About 5.5hrs sunshine.
    Went sub zero before 4.30, fell to -1.8C 15 minutes ago, a little breeze brought up above 1C again, calm agan falling.

-1.1C
    Dp -2.3C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Its been at or below freezing all day today. It threatened to to brighten up mid-morning but then it became foggy again. It's a long time since we had such a sustained cold spell like this...:D

Sadly no snow though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

If its clear take a look at Venus & Jupiter, SW, very bright. Gone by 8pm though.

A good night for star-gazing again I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

ch750536 wrote: »
    If its clear take a look at Venus & Jupiter, SW, very bright. Gone by 8pm though.

A good night for star-gazing again I think.

Not here it aint - it's a pea-souper out there! -1 C

-1.7°C here and falling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Reasonably steady at +0.6C here

Down to 0.1c already. :eek:

That's from 0.8c to 0.1c in 35 minutes.

-2.3C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭dubscribe

No wonder it's feeling a "mite" chilly

Was outside at 4:30 and it was 2 degrees then.

TG I'm staying home tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

-0.6c here now. A bit strange, temp went down to -2.0 a while ago but back up now.

Temperature: 32.4 °F / 0.2 °C
    Dew Point: 32.0 °F / 0.0 °C

Looks like it'll hang around 0.2 °C for a while.

-2.7C
    Grass -9C!

A little cloud to my south that is reflecting some strobe lighting below, otherwise very clear.

I'm up to 1.3c now! :cool: Gets any warmer I'll have to get the shorts and t-shirts out again :p

Mothman wrote: »
    A little cloud to my south that is reflecting some strobe lighting below, otherwise very clear.
    That would be the cube night club in Arklow.I'm not surprised you can see it all the way up there,it's like white balls of flame across the sky here! see you in there later ;)

Meanwhile that cloud is overhead here so that should ease the temp drop for a while at this location.
    It's currently hovering around minus one here.

Incidently,I drove over ice in the yard here with the tractor that didnt even crack so minus nine and lower ground temperatures is having it's effect!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

The fog has started to lift up and become a layer of low cloud. I was afraid this was going to happen. Temp rising rapidly and the sky is almost overcast with the clouds moving southward.
    Now -0.1C. It bottomed at -0.6C a little earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Good bit of ground frost around already!

I'm up to 1.3c now! :cool: Gets any warmer I'll have to get the shorts and t-shirts out again :p

Gone up a bit here as well.

Temperature: 32.9 °F / 0.5 °C
    Dew Point: 32.4 °F / 0.2 °C

• Advertisement

-2.9C a few minutes ago, but breeze has just kicked in and rising rapidly.

-2.2C

Advertisement