Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions - November 2008

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

very gusty here right now with frequent showers of crappy rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

SERIOUS WEATHER REPORT

Boyle, Co. Roscommon 1930-2015 today the 23rd.

Have an aunt there and her phone was blown out of the wall across the wall after freak lightning. Burned the wire going up through the wall and left scorch marks. Down the road from her a television was blown up and a woman was thrown from the phone she was using when it was also hit.

Seems pretty freak to me considering there was only one strike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Gusts to at least 50 here in dundalk the last hour...good line of heavy stuff blowing doen the coast from thr N Irish sea. No raining that much...not as much as it looks on the doppler...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

cian1500ww wrote: »
    SERIOUS WEATHER REPORT

Boyle, Co. Roscommon 1930-2015 today the 23rd.

Have an aunt there and her phone was blown out of the wall across the wall after freak lightning. Burned the wire going up through the wall and left scorch marks. Down the road from her a television was blown up and a woman was thrown from the phone she was using when it was also hit.

Seems pretty freak to me considering there was only one strike.

Glad she wasn't hurt Cian. Was watching some big anvils just before dusk running down from the Mayo border into Roscommon, so I am not surprised there was a big strike or two down there earlier.

Really wild outside now. Wind is coming in tremendous gusts that are unnerving and loud. Showers not heavy though. 6.4c after a low of 4.2c earlier. A typical November night really. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I spoke too soon...just leaving a mate home about 10 min ago and the heavens have opened, could barely see out with wipers on full. Lots of standing water and it's bloody cold and still gusty. Doppler over us is white now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Rain & Windy
    7.2C
    Dp 5.5C
    980.3mb

Very wet and windy and dark as night!

6.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Very windy overnight with a lot of heavy showers.Wind has calmed down and its dry. Feeling cold.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Chilly dark day here too. 6.4c atm with sporadic rain. 5.4mm since midnight.

Very heavy hail now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Heavy hail here - 4.4c. Wind just turned NNE

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bright breezy showers coming.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Big flash and roll of thunder here in Loughlinstown @ 11.03.

Seemed to be centered around the leadmine.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Muffled thunder here now too!

Another long roll of thunder!

Wind NE here atm - a great direction for weather! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Lovely, calm and sunny in Sligo now

Been bucketing here now for most of the day. 4.0c, winds NNE

This is the second time this Autumn that we've had this type of miserable weather.

Christ on a bike!

Casement reporting 99.0mm of rain at 12.00 for the last hour!

:D

Some hail now here as well to add to the mix. 6.3c atm. 8.1mm since midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Light breeze with good sunhine here in Maynooth at the moment, still cold though.

Miserable day continues down here.
    Constant fast passing showers with sometimes hail in bursts that sound hard enough to split windows....

Of course I'm tempted to say...

Actually I will say if I was relying on last nights forecast by the eagle,I'd be sad because it was very very wrong again... [for the south east anyhow]

This morning they changed it [what the heck use is a forecast if they as they do now so regularally change it in the morning??!]... and they said showers confined to the fringe east coast...
    Wrong again unless South Carlow and Kilkenny have moved ?

I begining to think that Glasnevins grasp of the specefics in recent years is going downhill... a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Decent amout of precip from showers today - 23.6mm, currently 4.7°C..pity the source air wasn't a little colder...
    Nice little thunderstorm around lunchtime in work with impressive hail that made everywhere white temporarily.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Blowing a hooolly in Sutton station this afternoon.

Getting cold and dry now as the wind brings in cold air from the northeast.

Any showers should consist of hail/sleet from here on for the next 12 hours.

Any showers should consist of hail/sleet from here on for the next 12 hours.

Agreed. Just hit 2.9c here with mostly clear skies. I wonder what the chances are of some precip coming off the sea? Is it forecast?

I'll be up at 4am and have to drive to Dublin Airport - will be interesting!

A

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Wind has died down a good bit in the last while.

Feeling very cold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,431 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

arctictree wrote: »
    Agreed. Just hit 2.9c here with mostly clear skies. I wonder what the chances are of some precip coming off the sea? Is it forecast?

I'll be up at 4am and have to drive to Dublin Airport - will be interesting!

A
    Cooler air but pressure too high for much shower activity at this stage around these parts probably.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Very cold out, 3c.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Dublin airport reporting 2c atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Coldest night of the autumn, eveything misting up from teatime.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Currently 3.9c. DP 1.9c. Light Fog building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Nice dry morning.

Advertisement