Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terrorised on Halloween Night

Options
  • 01-11-2008 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Has anyone in Kildare had any problems with vandalism tonight ?? Myself and my boyfriend were lying in bed watching tv when we heard a hissing sound coming from the air vent in the wall which is above our bed. He shouted 'run', we jumped out of the bed as the vent exploded off the wall and a firework shot across the room, there were flames coming in through where the vent was and my duvet and pillows caught fire. A huge section of the plaster is gone off the wall. He ran out to try catch whoever did this, but couldn't find anyone. I rang the guards and they said they are patrolling the area and that they have had several complaints but I have not seen them yet. I got an awful shock, I can't believe people are so horrible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Jesus that's terrible :eek::(

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Good god OP, thats just awful! are you in Kildare town?? I hope you are ok? the rotten little so and so's. I cant believe someone would even consider doing something like that! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Marla Singer 08

No ChewChew, I'm in Kilmeague, out in the country! Only been here a few months! Lived in estates for years and never had any problems at Halloween. We were going to go out tonight, imagine, if we weren't here the place could have burned down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

hope ye're ok!!
    don't let them get you down,they'll get caught before the night is out.
    just count your good fortune ye had a chance to anticipate it coming.
    probably not much good to you now,and i'll probably get slated too but dwell on whatever positives you can...

No ChewChew, I'm in Kilmeague, out in the country! Only been here a few months! Lived in estates for years and never had any problems at Halloween. We were going to go out tonight, imagine, if we weren't here the place could have burned down!

ah yea, I know kilmeague well. unfortunatley it doesnt have a big enough Garda presence considering the amount of 'youth' in the area and on a night like tonight. :( well at least you are ok, and not too much damage. as you said, could have been worse. no consolation I know.

• Advertisement

Thanks Staker, I really hope you are right. I doubt I'll get any sleep tonight, I'm a nervous wreck. My other half is snoring on the couch. He said its better he didn't catch them cos if he had touched them he would have been in the wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

First your trees cut down and then this. Nice place you've moved to...

On the other hand where you are is hardly bandit country. It would take an expert to get a firework straight into your bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Macros42 wrote: »
    Nice place you've moved to...quote]

you dont know Kilmeague, do you? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I know where it is :p

• Advertisement

First your trees cut down and then this. Nice place you've moved to...

On the other hand where you are is hardly bandit country. It would take an expert to get a firework straight into your bedroom.

I know Macros42, not exactly a nice welcome to the area. We're having second thoughts on our choice of location.

Another firework has gone off on our front door step. I've called the guards again. they are on the way out now.

I know where it is :p
    then you'll know ;)
    I know Macros42, not exactly a nice welcome to the area. We're having second thoughts on our choice of location.
    Marla, are you origionally from the area? It's like moving into a new house. You just dont know who or what your neighbours are like untill you've actually lived beside them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Jesus it's Halloween....ok what happened firstly was out of order...but do you really think the Gardai have the resources to respond to every little shitty call about a firework going off near a house!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

kmart6 wrote: »
    Jesus it's Halloween....ok what happened firstly was out of order...but do you really think the Gardai have the resources to respond to every little shitty call about a firework going off near a house!

The distinction here being that the firework went off in the house :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

It could have been worse:
    10 hour Halloween siege in Kilmeague pub

NAAS, 2 November 2000: by Trish Whelan. A terror situation developed in a Kilmeague pub on Halloween night as a gang of local children wearing Halloween masks held drinkers under siege for close on ten hours. All but two of the pub’s windows were smashed by the stone throwing youths.

The incident took place at Eleson House pub on Tuesday night when the gang of youths surrounded the building throwing stones and bangers through the windows. They also threatened to pour petrol in through the windows. The youths disappeared when gardai arrived, only to reappear as soon as they had gone. This senario continued throughout the night as other squad cars arrived on the scene - only to find that the gang had vanished.

Two gardai then stayed in the bar to protect the customers who had been forced to stay on the premises because of the antics of the youths involved. However both were forced to stay the night when their squad car was damaged.

The siege was lifted at 6am on Wednesday morning by which time only two windows remainded unbroken.

KNN has learnt that the landlady, Georgina Fogarty, was in a state of shock following the siege, along with her husband and son.

A youth was in garda custody yesterday following the incident and gardai hope some arrests will follow.

From http://kildare.ie/knn/newsweeknov400.htm

I love the bit where the gardai were forced to stay in the pub with the customers all night. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

John_Mc wrote: »
    The distinction here being that the firework went off in the house :rolleyes:
    Can you not read?! I said what happened first was out of order!!! I was commenting on the second one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Jesus and I tought Kildare town was bad. I guess its true what they say, small town, big trouble. Hope everything worked all right in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

I was behind this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

anything become of this incident OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Unfortunately Kilmeague has always had a seriously unsavoury element living here. Its not as bad now as it used to be (or so I thought), but it appears that while a lot of the older problems have since left, they have been replaced with the next generation of trouble...

Marla, I hope for you that this is a once off incident, and that you dont have to endure something like this again. For what its worth, while there are some bad apples living here, not all of us in Kilmeague are bad! Its just a shame that the actions of a few have given the place a bad name.

Advertisement