Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why some women dress as sluts on Halloween?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

article_image_0c114d957488149a.jpg

This thread was SO calling out for pics so there ya go ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

missyb wrote: »
    are girls so vain they cant have a sense of imagination about dressing up?
    No, they're just having a laugh.
    Is it an under developed personality or just too afraid of not getting male attention because you are not half naked?
    No, they're just having a laugh.
    And maybe yeah, they do enjoy male attention. Getting male attention is fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Dudess wrote: »
    Getting male attention is fun.

*watched Dudess*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

My costume this year was fairly risque, and my friend's even more so. I was a "Shanghai girl" and she was a Victoria's Secret angel. My costume was a very short Oriental-style dress. I had a fan and a flower for my hair. Her costume was a bra, panties and angel wings. We didn't go out on the streets in those costumes; we were at a house party, and changed after we got there and before we left.
    But as for why we dressed up as sluts:
    You're only young once. Right now, I have a good figure. As I get older, and things start to sag and loosen, I'll no doubt feel the societal pressure to cover up more. The way I see it, I have many Halloweens ahead of me where I'll be covered up (and still having fun). So I'm going to have fun with my figure now and save the lobster costumes for later on down the line.
    And I also think it's fun to be a little exhibitionist now and then. I don't do it every day. My friend and I work for a company that has a very strict dress code, so normally we're in high-neck blouses and skirts down to our knees, nothing too tight or too short. It's fun to break that mold and go a little overboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

missyb wrote: »
    I have to say I dont get it either, where is the invention in it or the wit or even the halloween factor? are girls so vain they cant have a sense of imagination about dressing up? The best costume I saw was a girl dressed as Russell Brand, she looked identical, it was brilliant.And then you see the play boy bunnies and the french maids and its so boring! Is it an under developed personality or just too afraid of not getting male attention because you are not half naked? I went to a party as a lobster not one for the lads but I had great craic!

If the best costume you saw was Russel Brand then you should have been looking around more.:D

As for these girls costumes being boring. Once again, that in YOUR opinion.

Jesus, from a lot of the posts in this thread i can only assume a lot of you dress for others, as opposed to yourselfs?

The irony being of course that you think the only reason these girls dress in such a manner is for male attention.

a) Attention from the opposite sex is not a bad thing. It's actually pretty damn fun. Weird, right?

b) Some people are just fit. They like to wear **** all and they like to do it in public.

Dealz with it.

• Advertisement

I'm getting major vibes of resentment and jealousy on this thread...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I just find it ironic. How many threads do we have on here about women being called sluts? So, if a girl goes out wearing a short skirt and showing some cleavage she MUST be a slut right?

Because that is the default assumption, if a girl has a good body, and is attractive to you, and is wearing a risque outfit.....well, then your in, right?

Because she is a slut. So as desperate as you are to **** this chick you can't respect her, because she's a slut?

**** me, this is why i end up knocking assholes the **** out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Envy.ashx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Galvasean wrote: »
    Envy.ashx

Harsh dude, very harsh. But damn you!:D

Dragan wrote: »
    How many threads do we have on here about women being called sluts?
    And BY women... :rolleyes:
    Envy.ashx
    LOL :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

Envy.ashx

Lol'ed at work

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

:D funny but often true.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I really don't get the dressed up as sluts lark. From men or women. If you have the body well show it. If it's only one day a year when you feel comfortable enough to do so, well then do so. It's like the men who get their knickers in a bunch if their girlfriend goes out in "too" short a skirt or too "slutty". I say, if she can do it and not look silly, then damn right! So what if she gets male attention. If it makes her feel good, what's the problem. I'm not going to get jealous as she's with me. Quite the opposite.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭AmyG

i only dressed as a witch... not slutty thoug.. and did see alot of women dressed up sluttly... but have you seen the fancy dress shops full of it so you cant blame them you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭luckyjimbobs

Sexy witch or my ex wife type of witch amy?

Advertisement