Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cms / joomla ?

Options
  • 01-11-2008 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Need to get a decent cms setup for a site I am involved with.

Problem is most joomla templates Ive seen looked crapish.

I have designed a fairly slick template using html and css but how hard is it to port it to joomla.

Anyone used Joel Spolsky's citydesk cms software?

Any other CMSs that people can recomend.

thanks

mjm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I'll probably recommend CMSMS :D

Anyways ... themes for joomla http://www.rockettheme.com/ ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Need to get a decent cms setup for a site I am involved with.

Problem is most joomla templates Ive seen looked crapish.

I have designed a fairly slick template using html and css but how hard is it to port it to joomla.

Anyone used Joel Spolsky's citydesk cms software?

Any other CMSs that people can recomend.

thanks

mjm
    If you designed "a fairly slick template using html and css" then it would not be hard at all to port it to joomla. See here for a template tutorial: http://docs.joomla.org/Joomla!_1.5_Template_Tutorials_Project

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

forbairt wrote: »
    I'll probably recommend CMSMS :D

Anyways ... themes for joomla http://www.rockettheme.com/ ?

Same - CMSMS is pretty easy to beat into a design and make that design CMS'd...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I may add a question to this thread rather than starting another thread, I hope the OP doesn't mind.

Would there be any major secrity issues with developing your own CMS? I'm thinking of developing a very basic system rather than use the likes of Joomla or Drupal which can be uneccesarily complex for some projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Would there be any major secrity issues with developing your own CMS?
    No if you are good programmer (although even then you are not guarenteed).
    S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'm thinking of developing a very basic system rather than use the likes of Joomla or Drupal which can be uneccesarily complex for some projects.
    There are tons of open source CMSes out there. One of them is bound to be close to what you want. You can then just add functionality to that CMS rather than try and make your own.

Take a look at them on opensourcecms.com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

What the hell are your needs in a CMS. There's hundreds of CMSs out there that are quite excellent, but it's impossible to recommend without knowing your goals, your requirments, your skillset and your budget.

Advertisement