Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Repairs

Options
  • 01-11-2008 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

Anyone know where I can get a PS3 fixed in Dublin?
    The Blue Ray drive needs to be replaced but as its out of warranty Sony want to charge me 250 euro
    Anyone know anywhere reputable that I can get it done cheaper?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

www.consolerepairsireland.ie always come highly recommended. I believe it costs about €85 to fix a PS3 drive.

There was also someone here in the Playstation section offering their services the other day, check through the threads from the last few days and you'll find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

GothPunk wrote: »
    www.consolerepairsireland.ie always come highly recommended. I believe it costs about €85 to fix a PS3 drive.

There was also someone here in the Playstation section offering their services the other day, check through the threads from the last few days and you'll find it.

Got my Xbox 360 fixed there. Guys are very sound. +1!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dr robotnic

if anyone you know is looking to get there ps3 repaired , i have just opened up a console repair business called Ace Console Repairs no fix no fee , all work carried out by fully qualified profesionals ,thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭MyBaby

if anyone you know is looking to get there ps3 repaired , i have just opened up a console repair business called Ace Console Repairs no fix no fee , all work carried out by fully qualified profesionals ,thanks guys

Can you tell me where your located? Pm me your details, thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

250 for the blu-ray drive replacement from Sony? for their error.. 150 morelike is it not??

robotnik whatr u charging for it? the 60gb dual-laser failure i think, that which also leaves greasy lines on the disc

can u beat 85!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

There is techmenders on south anne st also.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

Can you collect a PS3 in city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Duffy's in Blanchardstown Village are worth a checking out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Duffy's in Blanchardstown Village are worth a checking out.

I tried them before to fix a telly. Thought they were brutal. The guy in the place was an ignorant basterd and they never even fixed it in the end.

Console Repairs in Bray are very good. The guy fixes the consoles in a workshop in his shed and his house looks like a console graveyard but he's pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭liverpo

Does anyone know where I can get PS3 repaired in the Drogheda area?

Dr robotnic, pm your details in your still active.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

What exactly are you qualified in? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭Elessar

If its out of warranty you could still get the retailer to repair it free of charge under consumer law.

Elessar wrote: »
    If its out of warranty you could still get the retailer to repair it free of charge under consumer law.

Thanks for that, would you believe up until a month ago I had the receipt but can't for the life of me find it now, doesn't leave me in a strong position.

Just in talking with the manager in HMV and he suggested swapping my 60gb for the new slime version, how do I go about transferring trophies and saved data?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭wcarey1975

Trophies are synch'd to PSN so once there synch'd all you need to do is re-synch with the new console on the same account. Backing up saved games is pretty easy all you'll need is an external HDD and you can use the backup and restore utility on the PS3 itself

Went into HMV the manager went to the storeroom came back with the new ps3 slim, started to hand it to me, pulled back and said he wanted to check a connection, realised mine was a 60gb console, copped on that it was over 2 years old and he wouldn't get a credit for it from sony, apololgised and told me he couldn't give me the new machine...gutted is an understatement!

Anyway cleaned the old one, backed up most games (you can't save K2 externally), deleted lots of music and older games, seen as I have everything saved externally would it help if I formatted the PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Sgt. Bilko 09

Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Dublin city centre that fixes playstation 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 bgamer

Hey I've found a few places around dublin that fix ps3's. My PS3 has the YLOD.
    A month ago while I was looking, I found a website that fixed it and said it did it rather thoroughly than most and also increased the internal fan speed as well as attach an external fan to lessen the heat and reduce the chances of a relapse.
    I haven't been able to find that website/place ever since:confused:. If someone who has could point me to it, i'd be very grateful.:cool:

Advertisement