Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor Trade or Private Insurance for Spain

Options
  • 01-11-2008 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi,

does anyone have a motor trade policy / or personal car insurance that covers them in Spain, and I guess other EU countries (but just Spain for me).

I am looking to spend some time in Spain and do some business there, but my motor trade insurance company company tell me I wont be insured over there.

Anyone got any experience with this - what kind of insurance do I need and what companies offer it, either here or in Spain?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

AFAIK your standard motor insurance policy is valid anywhere in the EU. There are certain limitations though, 30 days per year abroad max, probably only gives third party cover. You can talk to your insurance co and pay a premium for a "Holiday" cover which will give fully comp for a given period. I have never heard of general trade insurance being valid abroad with the exception of vehicle recovery firms.

Advertisement