Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vivid nightmares every night,please help

Options
  • 01-11-2008 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭

i have been having vivid night mares every single night for prob the past 8 months.
    It’s actually quite ridiculous now.
    They are quite vivid as well which means i wake up in the middle of the night quite scared.
    it use to be that i would have one night mare per night and when wake up and go back to sleep i would usually not dream but recently for the past 4 months ,i have 2 or 3 night mares a night.
    Sometimes i have a really bad one and wake up and then when i go back to sleep i just continue where i left in the night mare.
    They nightmare them selves are quite violent as well.
    Usually it's about a member of my family being killed or my self getting killed but they are so freaking scary and real.
    As a result i am unable to get a good night sleep and it has really affected my life in a big way.
    i cannot for the life of me understand why this is happening to me ,i have talked to a few friends and they all say it's something subconscious and that i should see a therapist.
    So I’m just wondering if you could please recommend good therapist that would be able to deal with something like this in Dublin.
    Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Gholimoli wrote: »
    So I’m just wondering if you could please recommend good therapist that would be able to deal with something like this in Dublin.
    Many thanks.
    Well, maybe that will work for you... I once had night terrors and also tried a therapist in Dub, but I would not recommend them to you. Didn't work for me. Eventually I had to confront my fears, realising that they were in my mind and not real. There are things you can do to get a hold on your life, so that you are in control, and not your fears. At first they may seem somewhat unrelated as solutions, yet overtime help your situation.
    Consider:
    • Daily strenuous exercise
    • Review your diet for healthful, balanced foods
    • Cut back or cut out coffee, tea, and other sources of caffeine
    • Don't binge drink, if you do on weekends
    • Get into the habit of reading novels before bedtime
    • Don't eat a large meal at night or snack before bedtime
    • Stop smoking (if you do, cause it's a stimulant)
    • Try to resolve any stressful relationships (b/f, sibling, parent, employer)
    • Eliminate diet pills, if you take them (they are stimulants)
    • Don't do recreational drugs
    • If you are on any prescribed medicines, consult with your GP regarding this potential side effect

Some of the above do not apply to you... but others you might consider?

Advertisement