Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI Radeon™ HD 4870 X2 System Requirements

Options
  • 01-11-2008 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi guys, I currently have an 8800 gtx running on an nforce 780i mobo.

I just want to know if I need a crossfire compatible mobo if I want to run a single ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2. Since this card uses some sort of internal crossfire mechanism I'm not too sure.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Runs on any mobo, your fine

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Keep in mind the X2 has both an 8-pin and 6-pin power plug - use them both. Otherwise, assuming you already have a 450/550w supply, you should be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

I have the following

Hiper PSU ATX 580W Black, Type-M, 120mm
    Fan, 18dB, 4xSATA, 2xPCI-E, 20/24pin

could I go for the 4870x2 or should I just go 4870?

I dont really trust the accuracy of some of those online calculators.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

I dont have a 4870x2 my self. But i have read reports of a 4870x2 can use up to 440watts on full load. Then you need to add in your other computer parts ontop.

You can always try a 580watt or what ever you have. Will prob just reset to bios or crash if it does not have enough power. Don't think it will explode your pc but maybe goggle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

FYI OP, Im looking for another 8800GTX card if you are selling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement