Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Purchase and ownership of a pistol

Options
  • 01-11-2008 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭

Hello to one and all,

Need some advice I wish to purchase a pistol and have my mind set on a .40 cal semi –auto pistol.
    (This would not be my first firearms cert nor my second)
    I have heard that Sweden is the best place to go, can you advise on this?
    What will I need for this cert.?

All and any advice will be welcome

David

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭BOBTHESHOOTER

whydave wrote: »
    Hello to one and all,

Need some advice I wish to purchase a pistol and have my mind set on a .40 cal semi –auto pistol.
    (This would not be my first firearms cert nor my second)
    I have heard that Sweden is the best place to go, can you advise on this?
    What will I need for this cert.?

All and any advice will be welcome

David

Why go to Sweden, you can legally purchase a .40 here in Ireland through any restricted firearms dealer.

In order to get a cert, you will be asked to show that you are a member of an authorised pistol club.

Try Hilltop if are from Dublin, Pat will give you all the help you need in acquiring your preferred item.

http://www.pcquad.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Why go to Sweden, you can legally purchase a .40 here in Ireland through any restricted firearms dealer.
    Price I would guess! I dont know how prices compare in Sweden, but I know that the North and Germany is cheaper than here.

If you want to buy in ROI Duffy,s Fishing and Shooting (091 562367 www.shoot.ie) seem to be very competitive. I have seen some fantastic pistols for practical shooting that he supplied.

Whatever you decide I think you are best off shopping around.
    Prices can vary alot!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

thanks lads
    any info on Germany (PM me if needed)
    what paperwork , etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Try here:

https://export.frankonia.de/scripts/katalog/kataloge_bestellen.php

Fill out the form and they will post you their extensive catalog for free.

It requires the same paperwork as buying a pistol here. Frankonia sell new and used firearms to people all over europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

On Frankonia.It's their centinary[sic] year.So there should be some good deals around.;)
    Was in their Berlin store recently.A pleasure to walk in and stroll around open gun racks to browse and try for fit different shotguns and rifles,or try out different handguns[only ones the staff keep behind the counter],at will.:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
Advertisement