Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomb Raider: Underworld Demo for PC out now

Options
  • 01-11-2008 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭

Available here

Only out today. Not a fan myself, although I'll try the demo

* Edited with faster mirror

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

It's available on Steam too, (faster downloads for some perhaps).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

played through the demo there last night. Really not impressed with this. I mean coming on the heels of the likes of the competition of Drakes Fortune I really thought Eidos was going to pull something out of the bag.

The biggest dissapointment is the graphics. I mean Legend is still the prettiest in the series if you have the "next gen" graphics enabled. This looks like another console port imo. Even though there are some advanced graphics settings I didn't see any difference in the visual quality of the game having them enabled.

My 8800GT in my HTPC can comfortably run this game with 16XQ AA and 16x AF and everything else enabled (oddly on my main PC with the 4870x2, I'm only given the option of enabling up to 8xAA?)

@Pog: Are you able to turn the AA up past 8x?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

L31mr0d wrote: »
    @Pog: Are you able to turn the AA up past 8x?

Not tried it yet, still dl'in, nother 20 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

some screenshots, I resized them from 1920x1200 so the probably looks better than it is

65800.jpg

65801.jpg

65802.jpg

65803.jpg

65804.jpg

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah just tried this I think it looks quite pretty. One thing great about the Tomb Raider games of late is they have proper 16:9 and 16:10 aspect ratios.

I have a 4870 and it runs at 1920x1200 with 4xAA and 16xAF I found with 8xAA it runs a little choppy.

While the game only has on/off mode for mosts of its graphics settings I don't have much issue with that. I can't compare it the console versions but what other graphical upgrades do you want?

But is anyone else having moving flickering type shadows in the cut scene before the demo begins?

Incidently this is the graphics engine that will be used to power Deus Ex 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Meh, 2 words........."console port", might look great on a tv, but looks very poor on a 24' monitor. Have to agree, the older one, Legend, looked much better than this. I have no problem running this with 8x AA, getting 50-60fps

Only started playing so I can't comment on the gameplay yet. Actually I'll not be playing it, my kids will.

Fair play to them for releasing a demo tho, at least I'll know how it looks and plays.

Advertisement