Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insurance question? damange

Options
  • 01-11-2008 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

basically last night some ass*oles smashed my window , the little one just before the mirror , they stole some stuff as well
    my insurer is hybernian and im fully comp
    i never had any incident like this before, so i wonder what do i do know??
    will someone fix it for me today? when do i ring the insurer and is the thief of goods covered??
    thanks and sorry if i sound a bit confused..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Sorry to hear that. Have you informed the Gardai? If not, do so straight away. Inform Hibernian straight away too, they'll explain how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Bad Luck mate, Hibernian Claims line no. is 1850 666 888 and they use Autoglass as their approved repairer. They will organise a time and place for you to book in to one of the outlets which are nationwide.

The glass replacement will be covered by your insurance policy and wont affect your NCB, but contents are subject to your policy excess which is (i think) €200. So depends on how value of contents stolen.

Hopes this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

shall i inform the garda? everyone that i asked to told me that it would be just a waste of time.
    they stole the sat nav worth 150, loudspeaker 30 and sunglasses about 80
    and he even ate a twix bar that i had in the car the ba*tard...
    can gps units be tracked down?? i have the box here with the s/n , it was a garmin

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Im sorry about the twix. Thats just wrong.

The insurance company generally will not cover stuff which is on view in the car unless you have it in the glove box or the boot.

Unless you tell them everything was in the boot and they smashed the window and pressed the boot release and then took everything from the boot, twix included!!! Morally questionable way to do it but Hell - why should the thieves rob you and then get screwed by Insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

the loudspeaker and the sat nav were in the glove box, do i have a leg to stand on? 200 e would be something at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Unsure about the glovebox but AFAIK its about having stuff on visual display inside the vehicle so glovebox might be ok.

You simply have to prove that there was an attempt to break into the vehicle, in your case there is.

Advertisement